Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a Skyjacker Lowjacker kit, literature estimated, depending on stock model, to drop 2-2.5 inches.
Well this is a 4xE of course, and no I am not complaining in any way, this is a simple heads up for any that are thinking about doing this.
Its funny how afraid aftermarket world is of 4xE, I had to make a technical call to Skyjacker and they are immediately with the "this is not rated for a 4xE language.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Grille

It dropped it 3.25 inches. Alignment stayed perfect no adjustments, though did have to re-center steering wheel.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's awesome. The geek in me wonders if it will actually be a little more efficient on top of looking awesome. What's the ride like? Does it stiffen it up any?
Ride seems softer actually, but I really dont want to base that off just 20 miles of driving, but def notice improved handling with it being lower, that I can def already attest to.

·
Registered
21 JLURe
90 Posts
Did a Skyjacker Lowjacker kit, literature estimated, depending on stock model, to drop 2-2.5 inches.
Well this is a 4xE of course, and no I am not complaining in any way, this is a simple heads up for any that are thinking about doing this.
Its funny how afraid aftermarket world is of 4xE, I had to make a technical call to Skyjacker and they are immediately with the "this is not rated for a 4xE language.
View attachment 5923
It dropped it 3.25 inches. Alignment stayed perfect no adjustments, though did have to re-center steering wheel.
Did you chop the front bumpstops? Seems like you'd be riding with the jounce bumpers compressed up front.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did you chop the front bumpstops? Seems like you'd be riding with the jounce bumpers compressed up front.
Good catch Gator, not compressed but all 4 right there close, could still wiggle, but I did cut a inch off them.
They were the consistency of a semi waterproof Nerf Ball, suprised not a higher durometer they are really quite soft.
Stuck a recip saw thru coils and nubbed off, rears popped out of pockets and saw off, glad i took the 10 min to do, thanks for heads up.

·
Registered
21 JLURe
90 Posts
Good catch Gator, not compressed but all 4 right there close, could still wiggle, but I did cut a inch off them.
They were the consistency of a semi waterproof Nerf Ball, suprised not a higher durometer they are really quite soft.
Stuck a recip saw thru coils and nubbed off, rears popped out of pockets and saw off, glad i took the 10 min to do, thanks for heads up.
If you ever decide you want a jounce with some more control, both Metalcloak (Durospring) and Teraflex (Performance Bumpstops) make "progressive" ones. Not sure if you can trim them, though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts