Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Day 3 with the 4xe and looked more closely at it with my free time. Noticed this Coil spring is slightly bent on the driver side. Is this something to be of concern? First time Jeep owner.

First image(dirty spring is of concern/Driver side)

Thanks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
This does not look that bad but I'd get it looked at to make sure the spring is seated properly. Did you happen to have the Mopar lift installed? I cannot find the link, but I saw a few pics from those whom did do the Mopar lift on their 4xe and the coil springs bowed out (worse than yours). I don't have my 4xe yet but my JK coils are not bowed. That Mopar lift has been halted from use on the 4xe for now from what my dealer said.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This does not look that bad but I'd get it looked at to make sure the spring is seated properly. Did you happen to have the Mopar lift installed? I cannot find the link, but I saw a few pics from those whom did do the Mopar lift on their 4xe and the coil springs bowed out (worse than yours). I don't have my 4xe yet but my JK coils are not bowed. That Mopar lift has been halted from use on the 4xe for now from what my dealer said.
No lift yet. I did talk to two different Jeep techs from different locations and they said it's fine. I'll just bring it up during the pil change.

I also asked about the lift just today while picking up rubber mats. They said the 4xe lift is back and they sell quickly. They had to adjust things for the weight.

·
Registered
21 Posts
There is a 4xe specific lift from mopar that is out now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts