Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
141 - 160 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
I learned jscan has the wl in its “beta” mode. I bought, for overnight shipping, one of those obd readers. It seems to be an option to enable the paddle shifters. I am going to try it and let you all know.
I don’t see the option for the auto power locks at 15mph though.

·
Registered
2022 JGC Summit 4xe
176 Posts
I learned jscan has the wl in its “beta” mode. I bought, for overnight shipping, one of those obd readers. It seems to be an option to enable the paddle shifters. I am going to try it and let you all know.
I don’t see the option for the auto power locks at 15mph though.
How do those guys plug in to the system? USB port?

I've never hooked up a diagnostic system to car, sorry for being dumb.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Oh sure I know exactly what that is. Still dumb here. I'll just Google it.
Under the driver kickplate on every single car manufactured since 1996. I am sorry, but you're driving a Jeep PHEV and know what a J-1772 is, so it's beyond a valid assumption that you would know what an OBDII is.

"The thing you plug your Progressive, USAA, Allstate, State Farm, etc Big Brother Insurance spy tool in to"

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
Well, still not sure yet. I got the new obd dongle, but i got to order this “security cable” too; that should come tomorrow.
But I can already see the setting and it already says “Active”. I don’t know if this is going to work…
Font Rectangle Screenshot Terrestrial plant Brand

·
Registered
673 Posts
Well, still not sure yet. I got the new obd dongle, but i got to order this “security cable” too; that should come tomorrow.
But I can already see the setting and it already says “Active”. I don’t know if this is going to work…
View attachment 8050
Maybe a flip from active to inactive and then back to active will work?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Do you PUSH ? or do your PULL these paddles ? Because you PULL them towards the driver. You don't push (away) them down.

Gotcha, well just like catsarcox my paddles don't enable when I push them down. And I can't find any settings to enable them.
There have been reports (back in 2014 time frame) that certain GCs did not have them activated.

I know that after 2017 or 2018, there was a new PowerNet infrastructure and you needed a bypass cable in order to make any adjustments (write data) with ALFA OBD and the like. The question that I have is: you get the cable, you connect the OBD-2 module to the by-pass cable, update settings (like fog lights with high beams etc.). What happens AFTER you remove the by-pass cable. Do you go back to factory settings or is the new setting / change "memorized" by the vehicle ?

I am quite familiar with ALFA OBD (Android) and APPCAR FCA (Windows) but I have a 2014 and so I do not deal with the non-sense of a by-pass cable.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
Do you PUSH ? or do your PULL these paddles ? Because you PULL them towards the driver. You don't push (away) them down.

There have been reports (back in 2014 time frame) that certain GCs did not have them activated.

I know that after 2017 or 2018, there was a new PowerNet infrastructure and you needed a bypass cable in order to make any adjustments (write data) with ALFA OBD and the like. The question that I have is: you get the cable, you connect the OBD-2 module to the by-pass cable, update settings (like fog lights with high beams etc.). What happens AFTER you remove the by-pass cable. Do you go back to factory settings or is the new setting / change "memorized" by the vehicle ?

I am quite familiar with ALFA OBD (Android) and APPCAR FCA (Windows) but I have a 2014 and so I do not deal with the non-sense of a by-pass cable.
I pull them for sure. I was able to use them without issue a couple weeks ago before either my transmission flash or the great reset that occurred a couple days later.

And yeah. I got the cable ordered. But i don’t have any info on where to find this module.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Just checked there, under the passenger side, did not see anything that would resemble it.
Now that I think more about it, why do I recall something about these connectors being in the trunk? Or is it just the battery that is now in the trunk?
This page gives a few locations

There is a Grand Commander PHEV (which I think it is for China only) and a Renegade PHEV (Europe only) which have it behind the radio. I would try again behind the glove box - maybe it was moved up. It would be nice to know, without going on a fishing expedition. I am quite interested since I would like to enable the fogs and high beams together, and a few other tweaks like the number of rear wiper sweeps, just like on the WK2.

Maybe you can look behind the OBD-2 port, that seems to be another common location.

This is what you are looking for apparently,

which is not very clear, because for other models, it actually shows the two plugs.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Now that I think more about it, why do I recall something about these connectors being in the trunk? Or is it just the battery that is now in the trunk?
This page gives a few locations

There is a Grand Commander PHEV (which I think it is for China only) and a Renegade PHEV (Europe only) which have it behind the radio. I would try again behind the glove box - maybe it was moved up. It would be nice, without going on a fishing expedition. I am quite interested since I would like to enable the fogs and high beams together, just like on the WK2.
The 12v battery for the GC 4XE is under the spare tire in the trunk. Could not tell you if that is where the connector you are looking for is tho.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
So….spent a couple hours digging behind the dash. Well I removed the front part of the center console trim, the glove box and the kick trim on either side and looked around a lot. Used my phone to video behind corners. Still have not found it…

We need someone with a mechanics manual or mopar service website access or something to just tell us where it is. Anyone have a connection? A local mechanic with mopar service manual access?

·
Registered
123 Posts
So….spent a couple hours digging behind the dash. Well I removed the front part of the center console trim, the glove box and the kick trim on either side and looked around a lot. Used my phone to video behind corners. Still have not found it…

We need someone with a mechanics manual or mopar service website access or something to just tell us where it is. Anyone have a connection? A local mechanic with mopar service manual access?
I checked with a factory Jeep technician...
he has worked on hybrid Pacificas and 4xe's but has not had to access the SGM, here is an image he sent me from the service manual. He did say they are usually correct but if not they have to locate them.

Automotive design Motor vehicle Engineering Font Machine

It should be behind the glove box, the blower motor is in the lower right of the image.

141 - 160 of 196 Posts