Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
161 - 180 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Well cool. I mean I did see something that almost looked like what I was looking for behind the glove box to the left of the cabin air filter box ( also in your image ), but the sticker on it that did not match the part number of the security module. I studied the bracket too and it did not look exactly like the picture.

It was real close though.

Font Gas Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Ok. So that might be it, despite the part numbers not matching up with the mopar parts listing.

Now the thing to figure out is how to unplug it. It is quite back there and there is no ergonomic way to disconnect it. I am not even sure how to release the connector just yet.

Automotive design Computer hardware Auto part Vehicle Automotive exterior

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yeah, you are unbolting that one. I don't see a way for you to release the connectors otherwise. Well wait, the ports should be open, so maybe if you remove the bolts, those 2 ports would reveal themselves.

At least it is not in some horrible place that requires removing half the dashboard.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Yeah, you are unbolting that one. I don't see a way for you to release the connectors otherwise. Well wait, the ports should be open, so maybe if you remove the bolts, those 2 ports would reveal themselves.

At least it is not in some horrible place that requires removing half the dashboard.
oooo Ok, so there should be ports on the module that are open without having to unplug a thing?

I'll look tonight.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
Yeah…I don’t think it is going to be remotely easy to get to that module off through just the glove box hole.
I can feel ports on the top of it, but the module has to come off to access them.
The back bolt is a near 14 inches recessed and a socket wrench at that length and angle is not cutting it…if I can get it off idk how I could get the torque to put it back in.
I see a simple clip holding it on to the bracket, but there is one on each side. The one on the firewall side, I can just barely touch with my fingertips.

This won’t be easy and I think I have to give up.
Next Wednesday I have an appointment to drop it off while I am out of town for them to fix the paddle shifters. I’ll just let them do that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What was your TPMS issue? Yesterday I started my Jeep and driver console flashed a pic of my wheels with angry red that said "no information" or something else. Seemed tied to the TPMS. Then it went away and everything has been fine since.
Are you still seeing the TPMS issue?

I get it every time I start my jeep (for the first time that day). It goes away by the time I'm at the end of my street. I'd prefer not to rush it to my dealer right away.

Also, any one have a clunking sort of sound coming from the rear? Sounds to me like the rear passenger suspension. It only seems to do it on certain bumps, like when the road drops out a bit and the suspension has to drop down quickly to meet the road. There's a distinct clunk. Only driven on streets, heard it quite frequently and have ~340mi.

I also pulled the jack from the car and made sure the spare was tight. Not those

My wife has a Telluride and they had a TSB for a rear suspension related issue - it sounds exactly like that clunk in her Telluride.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Are you still seeing the TPMS issue?

I get it every time I start my jeep (for the first time that day). It goes away by the time I'm at the end of my street. I'd prefer not to rush it to my dealer right away.

Also, any one have a clunking sort of sound coming from the rear? Sounds to me like the rear passenger suspension. It only seems to do it on certain bumps, like when the road drops out a bit and the suspension has to drop down quickly to meet the road. There's a distinct clunk. Only driven on streets, heard it quite frequently and have ~340mi.

I also pulled the jack from the car and made sure the spare was tight. Not those

My wife has a Telluride and they had a TSB for a rear suspension related issue - it sounds exactly like that clunk in her Telluride.
I have had the TPMS issue a few times but it seems to have gone away completely.

As far as clunking, I am having zero odd noises or sounds. I don't recall the forum or thread but I remember someone talking about something underneath not being secured properly and having to take it in to service. I wouldn't risk pushing it too much further with out a service visit, personally speaking, if I was hearing clunking. Then again without hearing exactly what you are it is hard to say.

·
Registered
145 Posts
So….spent a couple hours digging behind the dash. Well I removed the front part of the center console trim, the glove box and the kick trim on either side and looked around a lot. Used my phone to video behind corners. Still have not found it…

We need someone with a mechanics manual or mopar service website access or something to just tell us where it is. Anyone have a connection? A local mechanic with mopar service manual access?
I work for ALLDATA but we have not published the complete set of data yet. It should be soon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have had the TPMS issue a few times but it seems to have gone away completely.

As far as clunking, I am having zero odd noises or sounds. I don't recall the forum or thread but I remember someone talking about something underneath not being secured properly and having to take it in to service. I wouldn't risk pushing it too much further with out a service visit, personally speaking, if I was hearing clunking. Then again without hearing exactly what you are it is hard to say.
Yeah saw that post, it was the shield missing a bunch of bolts. Next time I'm at the dealer I'm going to ask that they look at TPMS and the clunking.

·
Registered
385 Posts
i have some noise from the rear...but looks more like in the rear hatch / rear glass area. not suspension related as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I finally took delivery of my 4xe yesterday, phew! That was a torturous 9 months! Anyway, all is well, but I'm not sure why I'm getting emails every single time I connect or disconnect the charger from the car or when the car is done charging. It's annoying. I also get the push notifications in the Jeep app which are less annoying, but either way I cannot find any settings anywhere to shut that crap off. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I finally took delivery of my 4xe yesterday, phew! That was a torturous 9 months! Anyway, all is well, but I'm not sure why I'm getting emails every single time I connect or disconnect the charger from the car or when the car is done charging. It's annoying. I also get the push notifications in the Jeep app which are less annoying, but either way I cannot find any settings anywhere to shut that crap off. Does anyone know?
Click the three bars upper right > select your account > My garage and selext your jeep > notification profiles > select the email address/profile > e-control is the charger notification email.

·
Registered
167 Posts
After having my 4xe for 5 days now I have to say I'm extremely impressed with it. It has exceeded my expectations in just about every way. Even the piano black was less of a problem that I thought it would be. My only beef so far is that there is virtually zero storage space under the cargo floor where the spare tire is. My old '14 Overland had plenty of space back there where I put emergency supplies, but in this one I couldn't even fit my portable tire inflator without removing the plastic trim piece on the left side. Even then it barely squeezed in there. Other than that, however, I love this car!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Even the piano black was less of a problem that I thought it would be.
Yeah, all the discussion here about how it’s easily scratched and everybody seeming applying PPF had me paranoid too, but in practice, I‘ve found I never actually touch any of those surfaces. (My biggest worry was that my wife would scuff the main console area with her purse, but it turns out there are enough buttons there that thankfully she doesn’t see it as a good place to rest her stuff.)

161 - 180 of 196 Posts