Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious to know if anyone else is experiencing this.

On REALLY hot days, the 4xe idles and seems quite loud. Sort of like a "mini-diesel" engine. Even get some idiot looks from the kids at the drive thru.

That being said, I usually drive in E-Save mode with Max Regen on so when my wife drives, all she has to do is get in and drive (in Hybrid mode). This keeps me from having to charge every night! Gets the battery up to 95% after a day or two swapping out.

So, has anyone else experienced this quite loud idle, or so I need to take Jud-e to the shop?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
174 Posts
It is probably the HVAC system. It isn’t specifically a 4xe thing as my 2019 JLU AC is super loud as well. It’s just that the 4xe may need to cool the batteries more often.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Curious to know if anyone else is experiencing this.

On REALLY hot days, the 4xe idles and seems quite loud. Sort of like a "mini-diesel" engine. Even get some idiot looks from the kids at the drive thru.

That being said, I usually drive in E-Save mode with Max Regen on so when my wife drives, all she has to do is get in and drive (in Hybrid mode). This keeps me from having to charge every night! Gets the battery up to 95% after a day or two swapping out.

So, has anyone else experienced this quite loud idle, or so I need to take Jud-e to the shop?

Thanks in advance!
I actually had a 2020 Sahara with this exact dilemma. Completely normal, never happened in winter. when the jeep gets hot it does this blender noise trying to intake air and cool it down. Happened with my friend also. Totally normal

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I won’t worry about it for now!

BBJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts