Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4xe
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a part that you can place over the rear backup camera when using a spare tire cover with the cutout? I know Boomerang makes a tire cover that has an integrated molded camera hood. I have a spare tire cover that always pops over and blocks the camera view.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Maybe I am misunderstanding what you're asking but I believe you should have a piece that does this. It looks like this:

You use the hex wrench to put this in the unlock position, pop it off, put your tire cover with the cutout on (make sure you push the camera housing well into the cut-out), and then pop this piece back on and lock it. The hardest part was getting a brand new tire cover around the tire.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe I am misunderstanding what you're asking but I believe you should have a piece that does this. It looks like this:

You use the hex wrench to put this in the unlock position, pop it off, put your tire cover with the cutout on (make sure you push the camera housing well into the cut-out), and then pop this piece back on and lock it. The hardest part was getting a brand new tire cover around the tire.
I have that, see how this has a circular ring that is attached to the tire cover to keep it in place.
Door Automotive tire Automotive lighting Door handle Rim

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where did you get that? Do you need to remove the original factory one?

·
Registered
29 Posts
It came with it from the factory. It was already installed when I received it. I had to take it off, put the tire cover on, and put this back on. The instructions came with the tire cover I bought.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your tire cover already came with the black plastic ring on it? The tire cover I purchased doesn't have the black plastic ring, just a cut out for the camera. I was looking for the black plastic ring.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am just looking for a similar plastic ring to prevent the cover from covering the camera.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah, I did some google searches and search amazon and didn't find anything. If you're really set on using the tire cover you have, you might need to just buy the cheapest cover you can find with a ring and steal it. If you have access to a 3d printer, you could probably make it fairly easily. If they do sell them somewhere, they don't make it easy to find.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a part that you can place over the rear backup camera when using a spare tire cover with the cutout? I know Boomerang makes a tire cover that has an integrated molded camera hood. I have a spare tire cover that always pops over and blocks the camera view.
I just looked at my tire cover provided by the dealer. All they did is cut a ROUND hole the size of the camera itself. When I put it on or take it off, I just slip it on from below or slide it down the plastic that has the lock bolt on it and it says on fine, without blocking the view.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts