Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I hope someone can give me an idea what to look for . My 2021 4xe with 9k miles has some type or chirp or squeak when I hit bumps but only randomly… it’s not consistent, I checked all around for loose bolts etc but no luck .. I even thought maybe it was the spare … any suggestions, or maybe where to put some wd40? Hate to go back to the dealer …
Thanks all

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi all, I hope someone can give me an idea what to look for . My 2021 4xe with 9k miles has some type or chirp or squeak when I hit bumps but only randomly… it’s not consistent, I checked all around for loose bolts etc but no luck .. I even thought maybe it was the spare … any suggestions, or maybe where to put some wd40? Hate to go back to the dealer …
Thanks all
Following as I have this too. I didn’t notice it before the charging cable recall work was done, but that was also timed around when I took the top off. It’s coming from under the vehicle, I laid underneath and had my son close the doors hard. Mine seems to come from just above the transfer case side of the rear driveline where there is a bunch of electrical cabling running over the driveline.

·
Registered
244 Posts
It might be your ball joints need to be tightened. It was a common complaint/issue with early 4xe’s that they were torqued too low at the factory. I had my dealer torque them before I took delivery in August, but I’m hearing a squeak now at 9k miles and I know they need to be retorqued.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It might be your ball joints need to be tightened. It was a common complaint/issue with early 4xe’s that they were torqued too low at the factory. I had my dealer torque them before I took delivery in August, but I’m hearing a squeak now at 9k miles and I know they need to be retorqued.
Mine were actually done already and that was more of a click sound

·
Registered
57 Posts
Been meaning to post something about a similar experience I've been having (albeit emanating from a different place).

I recently had my windshield replaced and now whenever I'm on the freeway going 70mph or after a wash or using the windshield fluid I hear a gurgling noise that sounds like it's coming from the dash area.

Is it possible that my windshield was not sealed properly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just saw this thread. I have been complaining about the same issue from almost day one. I also heard a lot of noise coming from the rear end and it also sounded like it is coming from the suspension. Well after three trips to the dealer and a lot of time without my Jeep. This last time they took it to a collision shop and told me today they found out the rear was loose and said it appears that it was that way from the factory. They said that they were able to fix it and realign the jeep, as well as replace the shocks. But my concern is if the rear was loose, how did that effect the axel and drive train. And are they going to warranty all those parts involved. I am going to place a call to Jeep customer service and open a claim and see what happens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts