Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Does anyone else notice a high pitched squeak when driving down the driveway and parking? This is the not the pedestrian fan noise. This also is not noticeable when rolling down the street. The car only has 350 miles so it could be new brakes or something, but it’s not brake sounding it sounds like the noise it makes when it’s running on the charger but louder.
Anyone else notice?
Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes we noticed this day 1 of getting our new 4xe as well. Sounds like a squeaky toy. Did you ever figure out what this was?
Nope! I’m thinking about bringing it to the shop but that’s such a pain in the butt. When I turn the wheel left and right it’s so squeaky so I’m wondering if something needs lubrication

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just saw this thread. I have been complaining about the same issue from almost day one. I also heard a lot of noise coming from the rear end and it also sounded like it is coming from the suspension. Well after three trips to the dealer and a lot of time without my Jeep. This last time they took it to a collision shop and told me today they found out the rear was loose and said it appears that it was that way from the factory. They said that they were able to fix it and realign the jeep, as well as replace the shocks. But my concern is if the rear was loose, how did that effect the axel and drive train. And are they going to warranty all those parts involved. I am going to place a call to Jeep customer service and open a claim and see what happens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just saw this thread. I have been complaining about the same issue from almost day one. I also heard a lot of noise coming from the rear end and it also sounded like it is coming from the suspension. Well after three trips to the dealer and a lot of time without my Jeep. This last time they took it to a collision shop and told me today they found out the rear was loose and said it appears that it was that way from the factory. They said that they were able to fix it and realign the jeep, as well as replace the shocks. But my concern is if the rear was loose, how did that effect the axel and drive train. And are they going to warranty all those parts involved. I am going to place a call to Jeep customer service and open a claim and see what happens.
We just have squeaking at the front of the car and it does seem like that’s the power steering. When you turn on the car, there is no squeaking, it the moment you turn the wheel, the squeaking starts.

Sorry to hear you had noises coming from the back of the car too! Hope you get everything covered and glad they were able to perform those fixes for ya

1 - 6 of 6 Posts