Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4xe has been in my possession for 10 days... only ~500 miles on it. Today, a message flashed in the center of my dashboard while I was driving (on a sunny dry day) about an issue with stability control, check engine light came on, and stability icon as well. The car then shut off and I had to coast to the side of the road. Was able to start it after a few minutes, and the stability message was gone, but the check engine icon was still there. I was taking no chances, and had it towed to the dealer. Has anyone else had this problem??? I am quite upset that my brand new Jeep is in the shop!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
My 4xe has been in my possession for 10 days... only ~500 miles on it. Today, a message flashed in the center of my dashboard while I was driving (on a sunny dry day) about an issue with stability control, check engine light came on, and stability icon as well. The car then shut off and I had to coast to the side of the road. Was able to start it after a few minutes, and the stability message was gone, but the check engine icon was still there. I was taking no chances, and had it towed to the dealer. Has anyone else had this problem??? I am quite upset that my brand new Jeep is in the shop!!!
Stability control is not a safety issue, unless you plan on driving recklessly Or are driving in bad weather. The computer is comparing a lot of inputs and can sometimes flash the stability control light. If you were racing, you would turn off stability control Manually. Stability Control is a recent addition to automobiles to help prevent skids. We lived and drove without SC for a lot of years and managed well.
You can continue to drive to your destination, with the SC light on. Or you can pull off to a safe place, turn the engine off, let it sit for a few seconds. Then turn it on again. Chances are, the SC light and Engine Check light will go off. If it stays on, drive it to the dealership, next chance you get.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The safety issue is not the loss of the stability control it is that the Jeep shut off while they were driving which can obviously be a big safety issue.
Yes... this is exactly right... I now have the vehicle back, and all systems have been reset. Possibly just a system glitch?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes! For me - it turned out to be the coolant pump for the battery. Jeep is not making parts yet so the dealer did pull there other new one and fixed mine. But worried that this is just the start...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I didn't get a stability light but a flashing red D and electric mod not available when my jeep shutoff at 70 mph on the highway. Took it to the dealership, just got it back with the response all looks good probably you didn't have enough of a charge which is idiotic since it was Esave mode when it happened. Will be calling Chrysler tomorrow. Good luck

·
Registered
188 Posts
I didn't get a stability light but a flashing red D and electric mod not available when my jeep shutoff at 70 mph on the highway. Took it to the dealership, just got it back with the response all looks good probably you didn't have enough of a charge which is idiotic since it was Esave mode when it happened. Will be calling Chrysler tomorrow. Good luck
We understand how frustrated you must be. Do you have a case open with Jeep Wave Customer Care? If not, please connect with us via private messages.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
28 Posts
There’s the other thread on issues, but figured I’d add it here too. Great that it was reset and all seems good, hopefully it stays that way, but…..Check your fuses, in the box found under the hood behind the battery, make sure they’re all seated properly, report back if any were loose if you could.
These systematic stability control issues lighting up the dash sounds like they could all be caused by loose fuses, it just takes a momentary electrical interruption in any one of these critical systems to set off the alarm bells and shut things down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just had the exact same thing happen to me about 2 hours ago. Turning off and on again fixed the power issues but CEL is still lit. I’m on a road trip down in Nashville RN and have a 700+ mile ride back to MD on Sunday… nervous to say the least.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This just happened to me today - lost all ability to accelerate past 30mph - had to coast over to the dealership where I just dropped it off!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Just had the exact same thing happen to me about 2 hours ago. Turning off and on again fixed the power issues but CEL is still lit. I’m on a road trip down in Nashville RN and have a 700+ mile ride back to MD on Sunday… nervous to say the least.
What's your status? My CEL cleared after a couple key cycles. In my case the stability control issue was legit, so I'm wondering if this is a sensor issue.

Even so, an issue in this system shouldn't cause a hard limp mode like that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
What's your status? My CEL cleared after a couple key cycles. In my case the stability control issue was legit, so I'm wondering if this is a sensor issue.

Can you clarify this….don’t think I missed a post, but what do you mean the stability control issue was legit? Did you take it to the dealership and that’s what they said? Did they replace the sensor? Did you or the dealership check the fuses?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Can you clarify this….don’t think I missed a post, but what do you mean the stability control issue was legit? Did you take it to the dealership and that’s what they said? Did they replace the sensor? Did you or the dealership check the fuses?

I was on a trail and forgot to turn it off. I basically exceeded its operational limits. I didn't go to the dealer about it but I do have an appointment next Friday. That's only for a paint issue.

I also read somewhere if it encounters conditions it can't handle it may trigger the ESC light.

However, it seems like this isn't something specific to the 4xe. I was looking through other threads of people having periodic ESC issues.

·
Registered
32 Posts

CEL has been cleared. Read around the forums a bit and decided to check the fuses. I powered the car on and CEL was still present. Powered off, checked fuses and over half weren’t fully seated. Checked and seated every fuse and the CEL was cleared on next startup. Drive another 120miles today with no issues. Doing 700+ miles tomorrow so fingers crossed

·
Registered
597 Posts
CEL has been cleared. Read around the forums a bit and decided to check the fuses. I powered the car on and CEL was still present. Powered off, checked fuses and over half weren’t fully seated. Checked and seated every fuse and the CEL was cleared on next startup. Drive another 120miles today with no issues. Doing 700+ miles tomorrow so fingers crossed
That's crazy! I checked mine yesterday and all were tight. Perhaps one of the robots on the assembly line is off. It's never one fuse. Seems to be several when it happens.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We picked up our 4xe yesterday and drove it 30 miles. Today my wife was driving to work (full electric charge and 3/4 tank of gas). She made it 1 mile and then she couldn't get started after a stoplight and almost got hit by another car behind her. I'm furious right now. She had the flashing D. Turning it on and off a few times didn't work. After a few minutes and switching from Hybrid to eSave it started working again while in the intersection?. This is a huge safety issue. It's shutting off on other people on the freeway at 70mph, what the hell!?

·
Registered
27 Posts
We picked up our 4xe yesterday and drove it 30 miles. Today my wife was driving to work (full electric charge and 3/4 tank of gas). She made it 1 mile and then she couldn't get started after a stoplight and almost got hit by another car behind her. I'm furious right now. She had the flashing D. Turning it on and off a few times didn't work. After a few minutes and switching from Hybrid to eSave it started working again while in the intersection?. This is a huge safety issue. It's shutting off on other people on the freeway at 70mph, what the hell!?
Check the fuses and make sure everything is seated properly. Stellantis quality control is absolute garbage. This has been an ongoing issue since the JL Wranglers first came out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Check the fuses and make sure everything is seated properly. Stellantis quality control is absolute garbage. This has been an ongoing issue since the JL Wranglers first came out.
I'm planning on driving out to her work here shortly and take a look as I read that on quite a few of these threads. Hopefully that's the issue.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts