Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4xe has been in my possession for 10 days... only ~500 miles on it. Today, a message flashed in the center of my dashboard while I was driving (on a sunny dry day) about an issue with stability control, check engine light came on, and stability icon as well. The car then shut off and I had to coast to the side of the road. Was able to start it after a few minutes, and the stability message was gone, but the check engine icon was still there. I was taking no chances, and had it towed to the dealer. Has anyone else had this problem??? I am quite upset that my brand new Jeep is in the shop!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 4xe has been in my possession for 10 days... only ~500 miles on it. Today, a message flashed in the center of my dashboard while I was driving (on a sunny dry day) about an issue with stability control, check engine light came on, and stability icon as well. The car then shut off and I had to coast to the side of the road. Was able to start it after a few minutes, and the stability message was gone, but the check engine icon was still there. I was taking no chances, and had it towed to the dealer. Has anyone else had this problem??? I am quite upset that my brand new Jeep is in the shop!!!
Stability control is not a safety issue, unless you plan on driving recklessly Or are driving in bad weather. The computer is comparing a lot of inputs and can sometimes flash the stability control light. If you were racing, you would turn off stability control Manually. Stability Control is a recent addition to automobiles to help prevent skids. We lived and drove without SC for a lot of years and managed well.
You can continue to drive to your destination, with the SC light on. Or you can pull off to a safe place, turn the engine off, let it sit for a few seconds. Then turn it on again. Chances are, the SC light and Engine Check light will go off. If it stays on, drive it to the dealership, next chance you get.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The safety issue is not the loss of the stability control it is that the Jeep shut off while they were driving which can obviously be a big safety issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The safety issue is not the loss of the stability control it is that the Jeep shut off while they were driving which can obviously be a big safety issue.
Yes... this is exactly right... I now have the vehicle back, and all systems have been reset. Possibly just a system glitch?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes! For me - it turned out to be the coolant pump for the battery. Jeep is not making parts yet so the dealer did pull there other new one and fixed mine. But worried that this is just the start...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I didn't get a stability light but a flashing red D and electric mod not available when my jeep shutoff at 70 mph on the highway. Took it to the dealership, just got it back with the response all looks good probably you didn't have enough of a charge which is idiotic since it was Esave mode when it happened. Will be calling Chrysler tomorrow. Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts