Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can switch between modes while you are traveling? If so, is there a speed limit to it?

Thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
You can switch between modes any time. On trips, Hybrid is the most efficient. A lot of people have stated that you need to switch to eSave + Charge when the battery runs to <1% but that is incorrect. That actually makes the gas engine work harder and will push down your gas milage. Jeep has done a great job of working the software to maximize overall efficiency in Hybrid mode. Esave is kind of a spacial case use mode. If you want the battery for later and don't mind taking the hit on the gas milage, that's when eSave comes in to play.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Keep in mind, when you are switching modes, all you are doing is telling the software to change the engine/motor bias. There isn't anything that switches mechanically in the vehicle so there are no speed restrictions when switching modes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much for the replies. This education helps. Our 4xe came with the regular JL manual, so no way to learn about electric!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'd try to get the dealer to send you the supplimental manual. When I took possession, the first thing the salesman did was go over the supplimental manual. It should have been in the green bag.

With a vehicle like this it's good to have a hard copy in the glove box.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Going to piggy back on this Snazz-E, as it is closly related.

Does this also apply to the Max Regen? Can you turn that on and off when you are driving? In my Volt, Max Regen is Low, and I am use to hot swapping between D/L as I drive to only enact that heavy drag when i want to stop.

Curious if I can do this same thing with the 4xe.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yes, I almost always forget to turn it on at first. I believe it only impacts the regenerative braking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts