Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
You can switch between modes any time. On trips, Hybrid is the most efficient. A lot of people have stated that you need to switch to eSave + Charge when the battery runs to <1% but that is incorrect. That actually makes the gas engine work harder and will push down your gas milage. Jeep has done a great job of working the software to maximize overall efficiency in Hybrid mode. Esave is kind of a spacial case use mode. If you want the battery for later and don't mind taking the hit on the gas milage, that's when eSave comes in to play.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I'd try to get the dealer to send you the supplimental manual. When I took possession, the first thing the salesman did was go over the supplimental manual. It should have been in the green bag.

With a vehicle like this it's good to have a hard copy in the glove box.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Going to piggy back on this Snazz-E, as it is closly related.

Does this also apply to the Max Regen? Can you turn that on and off when you are driving? In my Volt, Max Regen is Low, and I am use to hot swapping between D/L as I drive to only enact that heavy drag when i want to stop.

Curious if I can do this same thing with the 4xe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can switch between modes any time. On trips, Hybrid is the most efficient. A lot of people have stated that you need to switch to eSave + Charge when the battery runs to <1% but that is incorrect. That actually makes the gas engine work harder and will push down your gas milage. Jeep has done a great job of working the software to maximize overall efficiency in Hybrid mode. Esave is kind of a spacial case use mode. If you want the battery for later and don't mind taking the hit on the gas milage, that's when eSave comes in to play.
When idling after the battery is <1%, my jeep attempts to switch between gas and electric over and over again. Has anyone else encountered this? I just got the jeep and I'm worried about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts