Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
21 - 40 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I've already tried using that excuse...
I think you were claiming that much more in "length" not "width".

Ok...so which one are you stuck with ?

ONE
Vehicle Speedometer Car Motor vehicle Trip computer

TWO
Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Automotive design Gadget

THREE

Car Speedometer Vehicle Motor vehicle Tachometer

Straight up I prefer # 3 but I want something else displayed between the 2 digital dial gauges. I would want battery charge, fuel economy or something along that line. Maybe you guys haven't unlocked the secrets to dashboard customization or maybe the 4xes have more limitations. Please keep me updated, if you figure it out.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I think you were claiming that much more in "length" not "width".

Ok...so which one are you stuck with ?

ONE
View attachment 7088

TWO
View attachment 7089

THREE

View attachment 7090

Straight up I prefer # 3 but I want something else displayed between the 2 digital dial gauges. I would want battery charge, fuel economy or something along that line. Maybe you guys haven't unlocked the secrets to dashboard customization or maybe the 4xes have more limitations. Please keep me updated, if you figure it out.
None of those, but similar to 1 but without the tach at the bottom and has more stuff on the left and right of the digital speed. I’ll take a pic next time I’m in the Jeep, if I remember.

There is other options and no secrets. My wife had a GCL and it’s very easy to switch between the 3 you’ve shown above.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Maybe it’s more customizable because mine looks like number 2 nearly identically

·
Registered
111 Posts
What the heck? Mine looks like 2 but doesn’t have the center bottom guage (rpm?) does yours ?
Oh okay - first reply had said number 1. And no - mine doesn’t have the RPM gauge (though I didn’t spend as much time on that setup yet).

There are also a lot more inputs due to the hybrid mode. I’ve started leaving mine mostly with the Sirius XM channel and then using the main display for Waze.

Also confirmed tonight - Apple Maps shows up for navigation in the HUD/digital cluster. Google Maps and Waze do not.

Keep the manual handy - I’m constantly trying to figure out what different things mean. Also, ask the dealer to clear the pre-sets. I haven’t figured out how to clear some of them on mine and if you scroll through channels, it can get annoying to have stations you’ll never listen to in there.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Oh okay - first reply had said number 1. And no - mine doesn’t have the RPM gauge (though I didn’t spend as much time on that setup yet).

There are also a lot more inputs due to the hybrid mode. I’ve started leaving mine mostly with the Sirius XM channel and then using the main display for Waze.

Also confirmed tonight - Apple Maps shows up for navigation in the HUD/digital cluster. Google Maps and Waze do not.

Keep the manual handy - I’m constantly trying to figure out what different things mean. Also, ask the dealer to clear the pre-sets. I haven’t figured out how to clear some of them on mine and if you scroll through channels, it can get annoying to have stations you’ll never listen to in there.
I'll definitely take Apple Maps over Tom Tom and have to pay the subscription. Do you know if the passenger can access Apple Maps on their screen and send it to the main one or is it only Tom Tom?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'll definitely take Apple Maps over Tom Tom and have to pay the subscription. Do you know if the passenger can access Apple Maps on their screen and send it to the main one or is it only Tom Tom?
Haven’t played with the passenger screen at all. Since its possible to go CarPlay to HUD I’m hoping support comes for Google/Waze soon!

·
Registered
111 Posts
This is what my cluster looks like ,…
Much easier than trying to describe what’s different than the non-4xe variants. Mine is the same though now i need to figure out how to get my clock back..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Edit: I just realized this is most likely different with the 4xe since the ICE is only running part time.. but I swear I’ve seen reviews that show a tach on the 4xe. Maybe it only shows up when the ICE kicks in?

The instrument cluster is highly customizable, so all three of the examples shown above are possible if you dig through the menus enough. Here’s a lengthy video I found breaking down the settings.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have not thought about it until now, but do the headlights "corner" or turn in the direction that you are turning? My VW does this, and it's a nice feature to have while driving winding back roads.

Being a Jeep is designed to do some offroading, I would guess the extra moving parts would not be wanted due to jarring and bouncing that can potentially occur.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Here’s a screenshot from the Doug Demuro review of the SR 4xe showing the horizontal tach/digital speedometer while sitting in park, so it should be possible?
View attachment 7104
It isn’t, my wife has a GCL and we’ve had many Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge so I’m very familiar with their cluster configuration/customization.
I can easily flip though all 3 versions of the main view (digital speed, gauges, small gauges with something in the middle) on her GCL they simply do not exist on the 4xe.

I’ve seen 4xe reviews that show the tach (or a power meter) but it’s not there now. Maybe the review vehicles had some pre-production software that didn’t make it to the actual production vehicle. Maybe it will come back in an update? Who knows? All I know is both views with the gauges and the tach are gone.

·
Registered
569 Posts
It isn’t, my wife has a GCL and we’ve had many Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge so I’m very familiar with their cluster configuration/customization.
I can easily flip though all 3 versions of the main view (digital speed, gauges, small gauges with something in the middle) on her GCL they simply do not exist on the 4xe.

I’ve seen 4xe reviews that show the tach (or a power meter) but it’s not there now. Maybe the review vehicles had some pre-production software that didn’t make it to the actual production vehicle. Maybe it will come back in an update? Who knows? All I know is both views with the gauges and the tach are gone.
These Jeeps are capable of over the air updates right? If so, is this something that could be updated over the air or is this something that is seperate out from the Uconnect system?

Not expecting an answer, this is more of a thought thrown out there.

·
Registered
533 Posts
These Jeeps are capable of over the air updates right? If so, is this something that could be updated over the air or is this something that is seperate out from the Uconnect system?

Not expecting an answer, this is more of a thought thrown out there.
Uconnect can be for sure. Not sure if the rest of the system can be.

21 - 40 of 127 Posts