Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered and installed a Tesla Charger that was released in early November. Tesla launches a new home charger that works with all electric cars

After getting it installed it kept popping an error when it was hooked up the the 4xe. On the charger's self test it showed it was fine. After calling Tesla they asked me to set the Dip switches both to the down position despite the manual stating to have them set on 1 Down, 2 Up. After setting 1 Down and 2 Down the charger works!!

Just a PSA to anyone running in the same issue with a Tesla charger if you got one. Also the Tesla person on the phone informed me that Tesla has stopped selling these units and they're no longer available. Very strange.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm loving the upgraded charger. It makes a world of difference charging. The 120v charger took too long and wasn't worth plugging in unless I could charge overnight. Now being able to get 12miles of charge in an hour I am barely using any gas. It's awesome seeing my MPG rise every time I drive it. I am really starting to love the 4xe. Before I was a little bit on the fence on it.

·
Registered
2022 Rubicon 4xe (Ordered)
278 Posts
Weird that Tesla has already discontinued the J1772 charger. I am planning to use my existing Tesla Wall Connector with a J1772 adapter from TeslaTap.

I think DIP Switch 2 sets to Comms to either Normal (Up) or Legacy (Down) - I am guessing that Normal to Tesla means Tesla comms protocol and Legacy means all other J1772 standard comms. These DIP switches are the same in a standard Tesla Wall Connector so I am betting they made a mistake in the manual for the J1772 version and this DIP switch should always be set to Down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts