Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my 4Xe in “do not disturb” and I can not get the verbal announcements of texts to stop. I am a bit new here. Please be gentle.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I'm usually using Android Auto so that takes care of it for me.

It could be another one of the Uconnect system's many bugs. I am now losing my backup lines multiple times per day.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm usually using Android Auto so that takes care of it for me.

It could be another one of the Uconnect system's many bugs. I am now losing my backup lines multiple times per day.
Since posting this. My phone now appears as “iPod 2” instead of kicking into CarPlay like it has done since day 1. I have changed nothing. No new phone. all the same cords, connections and port….. go figure

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will try that. I only counted to 10. I knew I saw that was an option. But I did not wait long enough. Thanks.
Well that did not work. I did notice for about 1/4 of a second the jeep display says “file reading error” upon plugging in the USB cord. It does not matter USB 1 or USB 2. Then goes back to “ipod” instead of my phone name. Carplay does not load

·
Registered
21 Rubicon 4xe
33 Posts
Well that did not work. I did notice for about 1/4 of a second the jeep display says “file reading error” upon plugging in the USB cord. It does not matter USB 1 or USB 2. Then goes back to “ipod” instead of my phone name. Carplay does not load
It sounds like it is not enabling CarPlay. My daughters didn't work due to screen time settings. Also, make sure you enabled it when locked under Settings > General > CarPlay then select UConnect.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just ran those as well. Thank you for your input. still noting. Reset network settings on my phone as well. Renamed phone. Reset car volume/tuner, repaired the phone via blue tooth… every thread I can see via the inter webs I have tried. Possible apple fix via update?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Try this :
How do I stop Uconnect from announcing text messages?
To do so, press the Uconnect phone button, which looks like a telephone and is located on either the center console or the steering wheel, and say “Setup, SMS incoming message announcement.” Then follow the prompts to turn off the announcements.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Try this :
How do I stop Uconnect from announcing text messages?
To do so, press the Uconnect phone button, which looks like a telephone and is located on either the center console or the steering wheel, and say “Setup, SMS incoming message announcement.” Then follow the prompts to turn off the announcements.
Thank you. I will once carplay decides it is part of my iPhone and 4xe again. Updated the phone. CarPlay no longer works. Says my phone is an “iPod”

1 - 13 of 13 Posts