Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all - day 10 since delivery and I may not have been paying attention the first few days as was so excited just driving and playing with everything inside the jeep, but today dropping my boys off to camp I had at least 7 jeep waves - i.e., the acknowledgement one driver to another - in the matter of 8 miles or so...

I love this and wanted to check on this tradition...truly a community and a sense of connection. Love the Jeep "wave"...does this happen everywhere?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hello all - day 10 since delivery and I may not have been paying attention the first few days as was so excited just driving and playing with everything inside the jeep, but today dropping my boys off to camp I had at least 7 jeep waves - i.e., the acknowledgement one driver to another - in the matter of 8 miles or so...

I love this and wanted to check on this tradition...truly a community and a sense of connection. Love the Jeep "wave"...does this happen everywhere?
Lol, yes, very much so.

·
Registered
22 Posts

I love this and wanted to check on this tradition...truly a community and a sense of connection. Love the
Jeep "wave"...does this happen everywhere?
We have had a Wrangler since 2001. It is a great tradition.
I think the only place I’ve seen it not used much is on Nantucket Island. Everyone there seem to own a Wrangler ; you would be waving to everyone. lol

If the person doesn’t wave back don’t be offended, just remember you are waving to the Jeep not necessarily the driver.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Depends on if you have the top off/windows down on who does it. Some people always do it, but it's more common when you and them both are in the open air.

I'll be honest, if I'm driving I sometimes space out and never pay attention. I don't drive the Wrangler daily, so it's more of an event for me though.

·
Registered
102 Posts
We have had a Wrangler since 2001. It is a great tradition.
I think the only place I’ve seen it not used much is on Nantucket Island. Everyone there seem to own a Wrangler ; you would be waving to everyone. lol

If the person doesn’t wave back don’t be offended, just remember you are waving to the Jeep not necessarily the driver.
It’s similar on Martha’s Vineyard. It is probably the most rented car on MV. You know a real owner as they wave back, the renters don’t. (And the are some REALLY nice old Wranglers on MV).

·
Registered
83 Posts
I always wave unless I happen to miss you going by. I also wave at the Gladiators because I can’t tell there’s a bed until they have passed, lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
So is this a Wrangler thing or do even the economy models qualify? Is the wave a small acknowledgement or an arm waving HEY Y'ALL?

I've been too busy playing with the car in our 89 miles so far to notice if we're getting waves.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So is this a Wrangler thing or do even the economy models qualify? Is the wave a small acknowledgement or an arm waving HEY Y'ALL?

I've been too busy playing with the car in our 89 miles so far to notice if we're getting waves.
It's usually just a Wrangler thing. I also wave at Gladiators too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts