Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Living in Florida, I am just now enjoying the temperatures that allow me to take advantage of going roofless. I'm soaking up the sun and enjoying the fresh air, and I see Jeep after Jeep with their hard tops and roofs on. They just don't want to bother with the removal procedure I guess. This new invention changes all of that. With one touch, my car transforms. And with another touch, it goes back again. I will be using it constantly. The next several months are going to be funnn! And yes, I got the cold weather package in Florida for the sole reason of extending my topless usage.

If you're considering this feature to buy, it IS A MUST!

Just my happy, humble opinion. 馃尀馃挩

Registered
You must be central/north Florida? Hasn't been cold down here for about 18 years.

It is amazing! Especially when combined with the electric driving it's an experience.

One touch is really nice for the average person but it looks really goofy when you want to take the doors off/windows.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I LOVE the look of my Jeep with the doors off, back windows out, and the SOT roof open. I much prefer it to the 鈥渘aked鈥 Jeep鈥檚 with soft or hard tops removed.

Registered
One touch is really nice for the average person but it looks really goofy when you want to take the doors off/windows.
Not sure exactly what you consider goofy about the look, but I鈥檇 gladly take the ability to quickly close the SOT roof if I鈥檓 tired of the sun or to avoid impending rain. It鈥檚 the ultimate in convenience and flexibility.

Registered
I test drove a 4xe with the one touch. I liked it a lot but in the end didn't order it for mine. I live in the NE and wanted the more solid top for winters. In May, I'll swap it out for a soft top, and I like the soft top down look more than the one-touch.

Totally personal preference. I considered both sides of this for a while and landed against the one-touch. Plus...my Rubicon 4xe cost enough already!

Registered
I test drove a 4xe with the one touch. I liked it a lot but in the end didn't order it for mine. I live in the NE and wanted the more solid top for winters. In May, I'll swap it out for a soft top, and I like the soft top down look more than the one-touch.

Totally personal preference. I considered both sides of this for a while and landed against the one-touch. Plus...my Rubicon 4xe cost enough already!
That was our thinking as well. Dual top option. Changing out the tops took me 2 hours to put the soft top on the first time I swapped them out since I wasn't familiar with the process and took my time. Putting the hardtop back on last week took me about 40 minutes. We had the soft top down a lot in the summer. I think it gives a bit more of an open air feeling than the SOT. But it's each to his own.

Registered
I keep hearing praises for the SOT, but I'm overly-satisfied with the standard soft top. Just pull 2 latches and throw it back. Way easier than the old style. Wondering if everyone overjoyed with the SOT tried folding back the standard soft top during a test drive.

Registered
I keep hearing praises for the SOT, but I'm overly-satisfied with the standard soft top. Just pull 2 latches and throw it back. Way easier than the old style. Wondering if everyone overjoyed with the SOT tried folding back the standard soft top during a test drive.
Soft top would have been my second choice, but nothing beats being able to press a button and adjust it to any position while driving. Too spoiled by every sunroof I鈥檝e had, I guess. Also, it鈥檚 nice to have the color-painted top edge panels when viewing the car from the side, almost looks like it is a hardtop. Soft top looks kinda鈥 cheap for a $60k Jeep. I leased so the added cost of the SOT is negligible over the course of the lease.

Registered
Plus if you want the top all the way back it's a simple process to remove the side and back windows and flip the rear latch to bring it all the way back. After putting it back up a few times I got rather adept at putting it all back together again. Sure, it takes a bit longer than pushing a button but the soft top is pretty well engineered IMO.

Registered
I know it鈥檚 a personal preference thing but I thought the SOT was a no brained when I test drove it. I too think the soft top looks a little cheap and I have a removable hardtop on the current 2016 Sahara that I hardly took off because of the annoyance factor and the guess work around the weather.

Registered
Standard soft top is great too.
Not sure exactly what you consider goofy about the look, but I鈥檇 gladly take the ability to quickly close the SOT roof if I鈥檓 tired of the sun or to avoid impending rain. It鈥檚 the ultimate in convenience and flexibility.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

I think it looks goofy since you can't remove the rear window. Definitely a weird look. I still ordered it though.

Registered
Dear Friends, I'm new to Jeep and Wrangler. Just got the fully loaded 4xE with the SOT back in June. Has anyone dealt with the SOT in the snow? I have a garage at work and NO garage at home, and it only rarely snows here (Seattle). So, our plan is to leave it at work when it snows. BUT, I wanted to take it skiiing this weekend and my wife was strongly against the idea because of snow build up on the roof. What do you all think? Does anyone have experience with snow on the SOT?

Thanks all! I love our rig. Tons of fun to drive and we live on an island, so we get a lot of e-miles. This is my second plugin hybrid. Other is a Ford Fusion Energi. An unsung hero of a car that Ford wants to disown.

Registered
2021 Sahara 4xe
Standard soft top is great too.

View attachment 2702

I think it looks goofy since you can't remove the rear window. Definitely a weird look. I still ordered it though.
There鈥檚 a YouTube video with a guy showing how to remove the rear window. Doesn鈥榯 look to painful.

Reactions: New4XEMan
1 - 20 of 25 Posts