Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Before I tighten the rope because it’s been 11 weeks and no information still BX Status (No Vin, Jeep chat won’t answer Canadian requests due to laws etc)
I wanted to see how much dealers can squeeze Jeep for vehicles. Meaning if I call up my dealer and tighten the leash Threaten to go somewhere else to find a stock one if I don’t get some sort of signs of life from my order in the next week or 2

I was thinking of calling them up and Mentioning how I saw one that was really close to the one I wanted at a nearby dealership and it’s true too so I have the listing to back it up. But I do want my order because it has all the options and I want.

basically If I don’t get a sign of life for my order in the next week or 2 from Jeep I’m going to leave. How much can Dealers put the Squeeze on Jeep for information or something like a date or a scheduling? Am I just wasting my time and brownie points with my dealer doing this?

11 Weeks No info Canada…..This blows.

·
Registered
393 Posts
When I did the online chat with Jeep/FCA to try to expedite my order they said they could do nothing. I called the dealer a couple of times and did the online chat twice with nothing gained. So you could try and see what happens but it didn’t speed up my order. My Rubicon sat in the parking lot for 3 weeks in Ohio after it was built. I don’t know why they didn’t want to deliver it sooner to get my $$ sooner.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I did the online chat with Jeep/FCA to try to expedite my order they said they could do nothing. I called the dealer a couple of times and did the online chat twice with nothing gained. So you could try and see what happens but it didn’t speed up my order. My Rubicon sat in the parking lot for 3 weeks in Ohio after it was built. I don’t know why they didn’t want to deliver it sooner to get my $$ sooner.
Thanks for the info :) I shall do what I can, just really anxious I see people getting theirs on here way before me people ordering in July have theirs already

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hey Guys,

Before I tighten the rope because it’s been 11 weeks and no information still BX Status (No Vin, Jeep chat won’t answer Canadian requests due to laws etc)
I wanted to see how much dealers can squeeze Jeep for vehicles. Meaning if I call up my dealer and tighten the leash Threaten to go somewhere else to find a stock one if I don’t get some sort of signs of life from my order in the next week or 2

I was thinking of calling them up and Mentioning how I saw one that was really close to the one I wanted at a nearby dealership and it’s true too so I have the listing to back it up. But I do want my order because it has all the options and I want.

basically If I don’t get a sign of life for my order in the next week or 2 from Jeep I’m going to leave. How much can Dealers put the Squeeze on Jeep for information or something like a date or a scheduling? Am I just wasting my time and brownie points with my dealer doing this?

11 Weeks No info Canada…..This blows.
I was just chill even if it takes three more months — who cares. Actually with the problems a small percentage of people been having I think it’s better to wait a little bit longer so they can work out a few more bugs. In the meantime just drive your old car and try and forget about it you’ll get your car soon

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just chill even if it takes three more months — who cares. Actually with the problems a small percentage of people been having I think it’s better to wait a little bit longer so they can work out a few more bugs. In the meantime just drive your old car and try and forget about it you’ll get your car soon
Problem is it’s gonna be three months now and I have no extra information 😅 they say it can take up to 5-6 months in Canada because of prioritizing

·
Registered
33 Posts
From what I've seen, the dealers have zero leverage wth FCA , and the customers have zero leverage wth the Dealers. They have more customers than capacity. It's basically take it or leave it. Me personally, spending this much, get exactly what you want.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From what I've seen, the dealers have zero leverage wth FCA , and the customers have zero leverage wth the Dealers. They have more customers than capacity. It's basically take it or leave it. Me personally, spending this much, get exactly what you want.
I agree 100% I am waiting it’s my Dream Jeep 😊

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.