Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got rear ended with only 1300 miles on the Jeep. No one got hurt but it sucks to have my vehicle instantly depreciate in value.

Anyone present a 'diminished value claim' to their insurance? What was the process and was it successful, and finally.. was it worth it?

Here's some pics, it was a three car accident. I was sitting at a red light, an Alfa Romeo plowed into a Prius stopped behind me, which was then launched into me. The impact actually didn't even feel extreme on my end, a benefit of being 6k pounds.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Sky
Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille Plant
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
248 Posts
Its nice that everyone is alright.

I smashed my windshield frame on my old jeep from road debris and asked my inssurance to have it replaced instead of bondoed and painted because I feared it would diminish my value and they told me they are not in the business of helping my vehicle retain its value but to have it back on the road as fast and as cheap as possible :/

Hope they have it fixed up quick for you bud

·
Registered
2022 4xe Rubicon
63 Posts
I have had to fight for [but received] compensation for diminished value.

It was worth it in my case, a week-old car.

Your insurance is in the business of making you whole, after a loss. How whole depends on your policy.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Man that sucks. Looks like it buckled the rear quarter panel pretty good, there's got to be alot of hidden damage under there even on the floor pan. you might be better off if it's totaled.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you own or are you leasing? Diminished value on a lease is a very different animal.
I'm leasing.

The insurance for the at-fault car called and said they are taking full responsibility. The question is whether the driver's property coverage will cover the three vehicles. The Alfa Romeo and the Prius are both totalled. I have an appt on Tuesday to have the jeep on a lift and to access the full damage. There may be frame damage, we'll see. There's certainly suspension issues, feels very different when driving. I'm very concerned of the hidden damage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts