Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to say that I have always wanted a Wrangler, but haven't bought one yet because of they're so slow. I see that the 4xe isn't slow like usual Jeeps. This has me preparing to order a 2022. Contrary to what I'm seeing here, dealers here in Detroit have delivered 2022's. Now onto why I'm here. I'm trying to decide whether to go with a Sahara or a Rubicon and hoping for some advice. While it will be used for onroad, around town, occasionally I will take it to the Silver Lake Sand Dunes or the local ORV park. It will be used for vacations several times a year, one of them will be 1500 miles each way. I also do a lot with my elderly parents that are in their early 70s. My father is very spry and was cralwing in the back of my Challenger till I got rid of it 4 years ago. Which leads me to my next personality trait. I have NEVER owned anything but sports cars. My list includes Mustang, Camaros, Solstice, Fiero, and my current, a 2019 Camaro SS 1LE...which for all intents and purposes is a street legal track car. I will still have my Solstice, but will be trading in my Camaro. I'm not 100% that I will like a Wrangler because I'm so used to sports cars. I can't stand SUVs. At least underpowered SUVs...LOL. So thoughts are can I tolerate a Wrangler and should I get a Rubicon or Sahara....loaded the way I want them, there's only $1k difference and this will be leased too...Thanks everyone!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I dunno chum, a Jeep is definitely an SUV…

I also debated Sahara vs Rubicon but went with a Sahara. The 4xe Sahara has Dana 44 axles front and rear just like the Rubicon (in contrast to the gas only Sahara). I also live in Michigan and the off roading here is not nearly what it is out west (at least in troll land!). Figured it is way more than I need. Also read a lot about the rubicon electric sway bar disconnect shorting out. You can get manual sway bar disconnects for about $100. I did upgrade to Rubicon take off wheels and OEM BFG tires…

Last but not least no Snazzberry in 4xe Rubicon! Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I got the Sahara because I came from a Lexus sedan and was concerned about ride quality. It rides great. This thing is soooo damn fast. I really haven't floored it all the way because it's kinda scary fast. I love the looks of the Rubicon but Sahara seemed a bit more civilized (to me). However, I do question my choice because the Rubi is so sweet looking. No bad choices here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was like you, I really wanted the Rubicon but there were none in my area other than the gladiator.
I bought the Sahara 4xe unlimited and have not been disappointed . The ride is great the the power is lots more than I expected..
I am also new to the wrangler (having owned a CJ 7) I too was worried about power but test drive one and you will be surprised. Maybe have them sweeten the deal with a series 2 charger )
:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have to say that I have always wanted a Wrangler, but haven't bought one yet because of they're so slow. I see that the 4xe isn't slow like usual Jeeps. This has me preparing to order a 2022. Contrary to what I'm seeing here, dealers here in Detroit have delivered 2022's. Now onto why I'm here. I'm trying to decide whether to go with a Sahara or a Rubicon and hoping for some advice. While it will be used for onroad, around town, occasionally I will take it to the Silver Lake Sand Dunes or the local ORV park. It will be used for vacations several times a year, one of them will be 1500 miles each way. I also do a lot with my elderly parents that are in their early 70s. My father is very spry and was cralwing in the back of my Challenger till I got rid of it 4 years ago. Which leads me to my next personality trait. I have NEVER owned anything but sports cars. My list includes Mustang, Camaros, Solstice, Fiero, and my current, a 2019 Camaro SS 1LE...which for all intents and purposes is a street legal track car. I will still have my Solstice, but will be trading in my Camaro. I'm not 100% that I will like a Wrangler because I'm so used to sports cars. I can't stand SUVs. At least underpowered SUVs...LOL. So thoughts are can I tolerate a Wrangler and should I get a Rubicon or Sahara....loaded the way I want them, there's only $1k difference and this will be leased too...Thanks everyone!!
We purchased a new Jeep Wrangler 4xe on September 30th and on October 29th, at 480km we got the check engine light and a burning smell. We took the vehicle to the dealership on next day and they informed us (after 5 days) "they have determined the turbo is leaking and technician highly suggesting to limit the amount of driving to ensure no more damage is done to the turbo". As per the dealership the components are on backorder and no ETA.

Please read the 4xe forum and get a better understanding before you do your purchase. (unfortunately which we didn't do)

No words to explain the frustration and disappointment we are going through with this brand new Jeep Wrangler 4xe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We purchased a new Jeep Wrangler 4xe on September 30th and on October 29th, at 480km we got the check engine light and a burning smell. We took the vehicle to the dealership on next day and they informed us (after 5 days) "they have determined the turbo is leaking and technician highly suggesting to limit the amount of driving to ensure no more damage is done to the turbo". As per the dealership the components are on backorder and no ETA.

Please read the 4xe forum and get a better understanding before you do your purchase. (unfortunately which we didn't do)

No words to explain the frustration and disappointment we are going through with this brand new Jeep Wrangler 4xe.
I understand your issues. However, this is a "first year vehicle". And things do sometimes happen. But things can happen with any car. And your dealer has completely miss handled this!!! As has Jeep if this is what they actually told you. You should be in a loaner car until parts are available for your vehicle...period. I would be screaming for a loaner if I was in your position. Being a turbo owner and knowing about cars...the damage is already done, not only with the turbo, but with the engine as well. Once a turbo goes, it releases chrapnel into the engine and it needs to be replaced as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I understand your issues. However, this is a "first year vehicle". And things do sometimes happen. But things can happen with any car. And your dealer has completely miss handled this!!! As has Jeep if this is what they actually told you. You should be in a loaner car until parts are available for your vehicle...period. I would be screaming for a loaner if I was in your position. Being a turbo owner and knowing about cars...the damage is already done, not only with the turbo, but with the engine as well. Once a turbo goes, it releases chrapnel into the engine and it needs to be replaced

Thanks for your response. The points you made about the whole engine might be damaged due to the turbo issue is an eye opener. Never knew about it.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
694 Posts

Can you not copy and paste this everywhere… I think this is the third thread I’ve seen this in?? Isn’t it a thread of your own? C’mon.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Once a turbo goes, it releases chrapnel into the engine and it needs to be replaced as well
A turbo leaking some oil/coolant past the seals and a turbo that has grenaded and thrown shrapnel is not necessarily the same thing. Yes, leaking starts you down that path, but it doesn't mean you're at the finish line.

·
Registered
75 Posts
To answer your question - definitely get the Sahara. Long trips in the Rubicon are going to be far more uncomfortable. And you're going to want the street tires for better handling and performance. Its still a Wrangler so off-roading is fine - it just isn't the primo off-roading machine like the Rubicon. But 99% of the time, you'll be better off with the Sahara.

·
Registered
14 Posts
To answer your question - definitely get the Sahara. Long trips in the Rubicon are going to be far more uncomfortable. And you're going to want the street tires for better handling and performance. Its still a Wrangler so off-roading is fine - it just isn't the primo off-roading machine like the Rubicon. But 99% of the time, you'll be better off with the Sahara.
im surprised the official 0 to 60 is 6 seconds for both rubicon and sahara...makes sense the sahara would be quicker due to less weight and street tires

·
Registered
2021 Granite Grey , H.A Sahara 4xe
16 Posts
Hey man ,
Here’s my opinion only cause I see a few common ground. I wanted a lease , I’ve owned fast fwd or awd, couple of grand Cherokees 05/13. For the parents no wrangle will ever be easy in fact it will be a challenge , but with the Jeep community would not be surprised someone has a kit for that 🤣.
Ok so , my lst ride 328 BMW loved it … picked this 4Xe by luck a couple months ago and decide to give it a try , I got kids and I wanna have fun + 375hp sounded crazy 😜

2 months later …. Best freaking car of my life scuse my Jeep! Lol . Ok comfort it’s a Jeep … my wife’s caravan is by far more confortable but guess what , the kids and I alway end up in it . It’s a Jeep thang you really would not understand.

Faster then my BMW 328 (barely) , it has the same beauty of a ZF transmission , but god damn it’s like trying to ride a deflating balloon lol don’t turn don’t turn !

The quiet rides in nature is pretty freaky with the all electric feature ….

net/net on a lease / fun / Jeep wave 👋

·
Registered
2021 Granite Grey , H.A Sahara 4xe
16 Posts
Oh and get a Sahara debadge it ,throw some comfortable street winters on those black 20’s lol you will be the biggest sleeper on the red lights 😅 I embarrassed a RangeRover the other night lol sorry MTL . (I dint start it !) 😁

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thought it was time to trade in the 2007 Nitro and purchase a top of the line Jeep 4xe but after reading posts in this forum and hearing about the problems Chrysler is having with these vehicles thinking of going somewhere else. I've had nothing but issues with the Dealership out hear and I'm thinking they are all like that.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts