Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I feel for you all up north. Doesn't seem like Canadian dealerships care a whole bunch.
No they don't. I may be wrong but to what I have seen Dealerships in America treat their customers much better. My other vehicle is a 2017 Corvette Grand Sport. While customers in the US were excited in the forums about GM sending them framed posters in the mail we here in Canada got nothing at all. The Corvette I purchased was supposed to come with a bound book on the Grand Sport and I had to fight with the dealership in order to receive mine. When I purchased and signed the documents it seemed like every one knew my name and were there at my beckoned call. Once I wrote the cheque and it was cashed they forgot who I was. Same goes here at the Chrysler dealership. They seem to have no time for you. Anyways enough grumbling!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
No they don't. I may be wrong but to what I have seen Dealerships in America treat their customers much better. My other vehicle is a 2017 Corvette Grand Sport. While customers in the US were excited in the forums about GM sending them framed posters in the mail we here in Canada got nothing at all. The Corvette I purchased was supposed to come with a bound book on the Grand Sport and I had to fight with the dealership in order to receive mine. When I purchased and signed the documents it seemed like every one knew my name and were there at my beckoned call. Once I wrote the cheque and it was cashed they forgot who I was. Same goes here at the Chrysler dealership. They seem to have no time for you. Anyways enough grumbling!!!
If y'all had some more "guaranteed" freedoms I'd be tempted to relocate and fix some shit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If y'all had some more "guaranteed" freedoms I'd be tempted to relocate and fix some shit.
I don't think there is 'guaranteed' freedoms anywhere in the world right now. Seems like all the dictators just want to destroy it. Big changes in store for the US in 2022 & 2024??? Canada usually is forced to follow our leaders to the south. That's the only glimmer I can foresee.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thought it was time to trade in the 2007 Nitro and purchase a top of the line Jeep 4xe but after reading posts in this forum and hearing about the problems Chrysler is having with these vehicles thinking of going somewhere else. I've had nothing but issues with the Dealership out hear and I'm thinking they are all like that.
Yeah definitely knew it was a bit of a gamble when I got mine (1st gen) but it was the best option in terms of value in the current market - I got 9.8% off MSRP and then got the $7500 US EV credit built into the lease. Chose to lease as again if it ends up being unreliable I can just walk away in 3 years or flip it as I have “equity” in the lease. Never leased a car and was a bit uncomfortable with that (and never had a new car before), we have always owned our cars without any kind of financing (except for one that we ended up just paying off early). But no problems so far (4 months in). Also it is a fun vehicle to drive - if all continues to go well with this one I might not be able to drive another vehicle that isn’t a Jeep Wrangler. I don’t drive aggressively but it is fast and I don’t use much gas (short commute).

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have to say that I have always wanted a Wrangler, but haven't bought one yet because of they're so slow. I see that the 4xe isn't slow like usual Jeeps. This has me preparing to order a 2022. Contrary to what I'm seeing here, dealers here in Detroit have delivered 2022's. Now onto why I'm here. I'm trying to decide whether to go with a Sahara or a Rubicon and hoping for some advice. While it will be used for onroad, around town, occasionally I will take it to the Silver Lake Sand Dunes or the local ORV park. It will be used for vacations several times a year, one of them will be 1500 miles each way. I also do a lot with my elderly parents that are in their early 70s. My father is very spry and was cralwing in the back of my Challenger till I got rid of it 4 years ago. Which leads me to my next personality trait. I have NEVER owned anything but sports cars. My list includes Mustang, Camaros, Solstice, Fiero, and my current, a 2019 Camaro SS 1LE...which for all intents and purposes is a street legal track car. I will still have my Solstice, but will be trading in my Camaro. I'm not 100% that I will like a Wrangler because I'm so used to sports cars. I can't stand SUVs. At least underpowered SUVs...LOL. So thoughts are can I tolerate a Wrangler and should I get a Rubicon or Sahara....loaded the way I want them, there's only $1k difference and this will be leased too...Thanks everyone!!
The 4XE is not fast, it's just not glaringly slow like the others.

Here's the thing about Jeeps. You won't want to drive it fast.

I've owned fast cars, and have a track hobby. Whenever I'm behind the wheel of the Jeep, I do not feel compelled to go fast, or need speed. The Jeep is a very relaxed vehicle. It offers top-down good vibes instead of speed.

With that said, it's an SUV. It drives like a truck. Which is an improvement actually, my JK drove like a school bus. There is novelty in that. It's a different kind of fun. If the only fun you think you can have is related to speed, the 4XE won't scratch the itch.

It's a great truck though.

Have you considered the Rivian? That can give you sports car speed in a utility format.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have to say that I have always wanted a Wrangler, but haven't bought one yet because of they're so slow. I see that the 4xe isn't slow like usual Jeeps. This has me preparing to order a 2022. Contrary to what I'm seeing here, dealers here in Detroit have delivered 2022's. Now onto why I'm here. I'm trying to decide whether to go with a Sahara or a Rubicon and hoping for some advice. While it will be used for onroad, around town, occasionally I will take it to the Silver Lake Sand Dunes or the local ORV park. It will be used for vacations several times a year, one of them will be 1500 miles each way. I also do a lot with my elderly parents that are in their early 70s. My father is very spry and was cralwing in the back of my Challenger till I got rid of it 4 years ago. Which leads me to my next personality trait. I have NEVER owned anything but sports cars. My list includes Mustang, Camaros, Solstice, Fiero, and my current, a 2019 Camaro SS 1LE...which for all intents and purposes is a street legal track car. I will still have my Solstice, but will be trading in my Camaro. I'm not 100% that I will like a Wrangler because I'm so used to sports cars. I can't stand SUVs. At least underpowered SUVs...LOL. So thoughts are can I tolerate a Wrangler and should I get a Rubicon or Sahara....loaded the way I want them, there's only $1k difference and this will be leased too...Thanks everyone!!
[/QU
DO NOT BUY THE 4XE - I am having major issues with my car - only 4600 miles and it no longer charges - dealership/service do not know how to repair it and honestly Jeep is no help whatsoever - this was a huge mistake. AWFUL service and they simply don't have the knowledge.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My advice (given what mention here about this being your first Wrangler, having aging family members, and the vehicle likely seeing more street use than off-road use), is to go with a Sahara. I have owned 7 different Jeeps (starting with a CJ-7), and currently have both a Rubicon and a Sahara in my garage. The Rubicon is much more difficult for my aging parents to get in and out of, and the ride is a bit less forgiving. Sahara’s are still Wranglers, and they’re incredibly capable off-road. FWiW, I just ordered a Sahara 4xe. It’ll see some off-road use, but mostly street, driving kids around, parents, etc.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thought it was time to trade in the 2007 Nitro and purchase a top of the line Jeep 4xe but after reading posts in this forum and hearing about the problems Chrysler is having with these vehicles thinking of going somewhere else. I've had nothing but issues with the Dealership out hear and I'm thinking they are all like that.
where are you located, I'm in Toronto, i ordered my in end of sep and they were able to source one for me within a day, and got it delivered in 2 and half weeks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
agreed, but if you call the canadian jeep care helps a bit. FCA canada.
We had a non-4XE related failure (windshield wiper linkage) on ours and our dealer was great. Service advisor came in, told me they had to order a part, 3-5 days, that a rental car (Grand Cherokee as it turned out) was already arranged and a driver was coming to pick me up. Then our 4XE was ready exactly when promised. No way they could have improved on how we were treated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
I ordered a Sting grey Sahara last week. It's got everything that I want, basically loaded with every option. And dealer called yesterday to tell me delivery should be around Christmas to mid January. I know everyone here is saying different...but a 2022 Rubicon Tuscadero was delivered to another dealer close to me. I just can't pull off driving a pink Jeep. Don't get me wrong, I'll wear pink shirt during BCA week, but just can't drive around in a pink Jeep. I've owned all sorts of different color cars, red, yellow, orange...but I just can't do pink. Not too mention he called me Thursday to tell me he got a 22 but it was....pink. I'll go tomorrow and get a pic of the sticker if it's still there and make sure it is a 22 and not a 21.

On a side note...they'll only tow 3500lbs...right? I need to get my Solstice (weighs 3k) to SD this next summer for a meet....and I'll only trailer it there because so many people have zero clue how to fix stuff on them if it breaks down...and it's expensive to fix it too. If it's too heavy, I have other means, just alot more expensive!!!

And a final question. If I want to get a set of off-road tires/wheels. Does anyone have suggestions that will replace the 20" Sahara wheels and tires? I would use them strictly to get over to the west side of the state for a little fun at the sand dunes....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered a Sting grey Sahara last week. It's got everything that I want, basically loaded with every option. And dealer called yesterday to tell me delivery should be around Christmas to mid January. I know everyone here is saying different...but a 2022 Rubicon Tuscadero was delivered to another dealer close to me. I just can't pull off driving a pink Jeep. Don't get me wrong, I'll wear pink shirt during BCA week, but just can't drive around in a pink Jeep. I've owned all sorts of different color cars, red, yellow, orange...but I just can't do pink. Not too mention he called me Thursday to tell me he got a 22 but it was....pink. I'll go tomorrow and get a pic of the sticker if it's still there and make sure it is a 22 and not a 21.

On a side note...they'll only tow 3500lbs...right? I need to get my Solstice (weighs 3k) to SD this next summer for a meet....and I'll only trailer it there because so many people have zero clue how to fix stuff on them if it breaks down...and it's expensive to fix it too. If it's too heavy, I have other means, just alot more expensive!!!

And a final question. If I want to get a set of off-road tires/wheels. Does anyone have suggestions that will replace the 20" Sahara wheels and tires? I would use them strictly to get over to the west side of the state for a little fun at the sand dunes....
Sounds like they tried hard to get you to close the deal. A fully loaded Sahara will most likely take much much longer than what the dealer told you. I ordered a Sahara with SOT and Cold Weather Group only and the dealer told me to check back in at the end of January to see if there's any updates.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts