Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 90% of complaint on this site are about:
  • How long it takes to get my Jeep after I ordered it.
  • Price increases/gouging.
  • Parts delays to fix a known break.
  • Unresponsive dealers.
And the reason is...there...is...no...inventory. They're pumping these out as fas as they can - and it's not even close to enough to satisfy demand.

Check out this chart of US Auto Inventory:

Things are not like the last time we bought a car. Heck, how many people had to do the new normal and "order" a car?? Best course of action is to take a chill pill and understand the complications of the new reality.

Registered
When I was getting service there were no wranglers on the lot, let alone any 4xEs.

I asked if they even sold them and the salesman said they said it was special order only.

I don't know if 2022 will be any better. I've been seeing shortages at the grocery stores now.

Registered
We weren't even looking for a 4xe, just about to leave the dealership and it was sitting there, brand new with 12 miles on it. Test drove it and bought it. Guess we just got lucky.

Registered
At my dealership the other day for oil service, empty showroom, lot about 1/4 full instead of completely full like in January when I ordered my 4xe. One Wrangler on the lot may have been used or low feature model, a few older JGC and a mix of cars and trucks. This is a big dealership in a large metropolitan area (Indy). Asked salesman and he said 鈥榗hip shortage鈥. I liked it better when the other guy was in charge :(

Registered
At my dealership the other day for oil service, empty showroom, lot about 1/4 full instead of completely full like in January when I ordered my 4xe. One Wrangler on the lot may have been used or low feature model, a few older JGC and a mix of cars and trucks. This is a big dealership in a large metropolitan area (Indy). Asked salesman and he said 鈥榗hip shortage鈥. I liked it better when the other guy was in charge :(
鈥ot to make this thread political, but the chip shortage and supply chain disruptions began under 鈥渢he other guy鈥 due to the trade war, and conditions have been exacerbated by the pandemic. Economic and market effects often aren鈥檛 evident until well after their causes, so it is unfortunately all too common to assume that anything happening now is due to the current folks in power (which isn鈥檛 the case). Just making sure to set the record straight, because it鈥檚 awfully easy for misinformation to get spread around.

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled 4xE programming!

Registered
Go to some of the JDM car forums, they ask what oil should I use for oil change every day lol

M2/M3/M4 forum I was on before were people asking if they need crankhub or not and what tune should I get

STI forums 10 years ago was will my ringlands blow up and can I out BOV on my car

Tacoma forum is bascially people asking if they can fit 33 with what modifications

JL forum is plastered with people asking about 35/37s and what lift and backspacing they need

It鈥檚 like this everywhere you go, worse on facebook car groups

Only thing people can do is start master threads and sticky them and start throwing repetitive threads into it by combining. You need moderators on this forum to do that

Registered
[QUOTE=
Things are not like the last time we bought a car. Heck, how many people had to do the new normal and "order" a car?? Best course of action is to take a chill pill and understand the complications of the new reality.
[/QUOTE

It鈥檚 just a car and for some people 1 car of many they own. They will learn from this rollout and most of the problems will be fixed and procedures updated to prevent future problems. It鈥檚 not life saving medication, equipment, water, OR food!! Lost 10 family members and friends in the last 18 months, some COVID-19 some natural causes. No normals funerals or celebration of life, IT SUCKED!! I just got my inground pool open 2 weeks ago after a long and costly rebuild. Closing it in 1 week or so for the season, I鈥檓 in NYS. Had to order a plastic skimmer assembly on eBay from Montreal that was made in the USA because of no inventory availability, waited 4 weeks to get it. Did I want my backyard oasis sooner to escape from this reality, YES SURE DID. But at least I have a job and a pool to begin with, I鈥檓 very fortunate. Nobody knows what other people are going through including the assembly workers who build these things. As a society we鈥檝e lost our compassion and kindness towards others and that needs to change.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And speaking of chips, they are in cars more and more and more鈥

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts