Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

How many, and what kind of problems has your 4XE presented?

• Electrical

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Mechanical

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have well documented my horror stories about being stranded twice in the brand new Jeep I ordered. After two tows and 16 days at the dealer they pronounced it "fixed". After the last breakdown, and before the tow truck arrived, I had checked the max fuses and found three of then to be loose. Once I snapped them back down in place, I was able to drive around the block several times with no issues. I told the tow driver to relay info to the dealer's shop but never heard anything about if he did or whatever? anyway, I believe I was the one who "fixed" it. So, check your fuses. We are not confident enough in this vehicle to drive it anywhere a tow truck won't go to come get it. Jeep has abandoned us because we want them to take it back and give us one that works. Beware.

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler 4XE Sahara
43 Posts
Seeing mine for the first time this evening (it was delivered to our house last week but we have been out of town). First thing I will do is check the fuses. But it did make it from the dealer to our house ok (130 miles), so that is something...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Our fuses were also loose so I made sure all of them were pushed down.

We havent had any issues and even took it offroading this weekend with no issues.

A shame that they didn't check that at the factory.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Our fuses were also loose so I made sure all of them were pushed down.

We havent had any issues and even took it offroading this weekend with no issues.

A shame that they didn't check that at the factory.

I hear, though can't confirm, that checking the fuses is on the dealer checklist to get a vehicle ready for the customer. I also hear that they keep some fuses intentionally loose so as not to over tax the batteries during transit. Who knows for sure?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I hear, though can't confirm, that checking the fuses is on the dealer checklist to get a vehicle ready for the customer. I also hear that they keep some fuses intentionally loose so as not to over tax the batteries during transit. Who knows for sure?
My 2019 Power Wagon never had that issue.

I can't see leaving that up to the dealer to be quite honest but wouldn't surprise me if it supposes to be on a checklist.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You may want to check your fuses from time to time. When I first picked up, I checked every single fuse. 3 months later, I found around 4 of them were loose again.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
596 Posts
I think I need to know what exactly a “loose” fuse feels like. I have a feeling some are not truly seated and some people perceive that they seated a loose fuse.
I checked all mine a few weeks ago and found nothing amiss. There is some minor clicks, but that is just noise from pushing on plastic. Could be misconstrued as seating a fuse…

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure whether this was mentioned on the forum before, but here's a general guide on fuses.

Key takes: Know what you drive and if you have special functions that require special fuses. Keep spare fuses (does the 4XE come with spare fuses & relays in the box?). It is not uncommon for a fuse to work it’s way loose while off-roading.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts