Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Given the current auto buying/ leasing landscape, is this car going to be the best deal on the market??

This may be an unpopular thing to say on this forum but I’ve been patiently waiting my Tesla model y which has been on order for months.. but I am just now seeing what seams to be a steal. While I am more excited about the Tesla… I don’t think I can pass up the deal on this car. After a dealer % discount off MSRP + the EV tax credit built in to the lease + the ability to buy out the lease whenever I want, monthly payments are $300 less for a high end GC 4xe vs the model y. Seriously consider canceling The Tesla order and placing a new order for the Summit or Summit reserve.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are no actual prices released yet, so anything at this point on gc 4xe monthlies is speculation.
agree! Thanks. That’s my hesitation at this point. I put in my calculator an MSRP of about 70k and same MF, residual as the wrangler.

·
Registered
833 Posts
same MF, residual as the wrangler
The wrangler tends to have much higher rvs than the gc. You're probably better off using the rv/mf from the regular gc and subtract 2-3% from the rv for the 4xe (wrangler 4xe rvs tend to be 2-3% lower than the non-4xe equivalent).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The wrangler tends to have much higher rvs than the gc. You're probably better off using the rv/mf from the regular gc and subtract 2-3% from the rv for the 4xe (wrangler 4xe rvs tend to be 2-3% lower than the non-4xe equivalent).

nice! Thanks! I’m using the LH calculator too.

65k MSRP 7% discount with $7500 built in, pre tax come to $1800 drive off, $495 monthly payment

Model Y with a same MSRP and $1800 drive off $878 monthly..

·
Registered
833 Posts
65k MSRP 7% discount with $7500 built in, pre tax come to $1800 drive off, $495 monthly payment
I suspect you're on the low side of where they'll actually land, but I'm sure they'll end up being cheaper than a model y lease.

With that said, one should never lease a 3 or a y. It's definitely a much better purchase than lease.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agree. And yes I planned to finance the Y. I’m simply making a point how a 7% dealer discount and $7500 taxed incentive makes this car a very nice deal in todays market.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They definitely have potential to be a great deal
Nice talking to you both here and LH..
$495/1800 das pre-tax is $600+/mo in most states by the time you factor in tax and amortize the das
I get it. If anyone is quotes me on lease prices that would be a big mistake. $600+(After tax) is still far less than $878 (pre tax) from Tesla. $300 less.. like my guess from the OP.

the fact is you can get 7% off MSRP and most likely get the $7500 taxed incentive on this car with todays order.

Not posting here to argue about specific lease prices. Nothing released yet so it’s anybody’s guess. This seemed like a good forum to show excitement for a 4xe ;)

cheers

·
Registered
833 Posts
Nice talking to you both here and LH..

I get it. If anyone is quotes me on lease prices that would be a big mistake. $600+(After tax) is still far less than $878 (pre tax) from Tesla. $300 less..

Not posting here to argue about specific lease prices. Nothing released yet so it’s anybody’s guess. This seemed like a good forum to show excitement for a 4xe ;)

cheers
Not disagreeing with you. Was just trying to add some clarity for the folks with FOLP :censored:

·
Registered
28 Posts
It will be 600+ a month, regardless of discounts, RVs will be in the low 50s, it’s not a Wrangler. Figuring out anything without factoring in taxes is pointless, it’s not like anyone is exempt from paying them. Anyway, it is still a better “deal” than a Tesla, however, the GC 4XEs will be overpriced and you have the “I feel like shutting down on the highway today” Jeep 4xE trademark. I have one on order so I’m not necessarily sh*tting on it, just saying there will be first year risks involved.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Figuring out anything without factoring in taxes is pointless, it’s not like anyone is exempt from paying them
The only real reason to do so is because taxes vary so wildly from state to state so at least it's a somewhat even playing field comparing pre-tax numbers, but I generally agree.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have no problem preordering ordering a 4xe GC. I just don't know release dates or prices! Because of their popularity are they going to sell at MSRP or even ABOVE??? I like the idea of using tax credit for purchase but I would lose credit as I don't pay as much in taxes as the credit is offering. Then it would work only in a lease deal. I could buy it outright but that makes no sense if I get a better deal leasing but I am usually against leasing.. What to do? What to do? I also don't care where I buy it. I live in Ohio but could go anywhere they are discounting.
Tom

·
Registered
833 Posts
Because of their popularity are they going to sell at MSRP or even ABOVE???
I'm sure they'll be like the wrangler... selling at or above msrp for inventory units and the same dealers discounting them on orders as wranglers

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think I'm going to try to get a % discount if I order one. I really don't care how long it takes as I don't need a new car, I just want a new car...
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It looks like you can place an order with dealership and lock in a 5-7% discount off MSRP, whatever what ends up bring. Like you right now I have no tax burden so I would lose out on a EV tax credit with purchase BUT jeep is adding that in as an instant rebate on leases…

·
Registered
833 Posts
BUT jeep is adding that in as an instant rebate on leases…
One needs to be mindful of which leasing bank is being used. There are several different lessors that dealers use and not all of them pass on the tax credit as an upfront cap cost reduction.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts