Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't thinking much of it but my tire pressure on delivery was 41 psi cold. I figured it was high for fuel efficiency. I checked the door and I think it's supposed to be around 36 psi for the Sahara 20" stock wheels. I actually went out in the sand with that! I ordered a gauge with a bleeder valve today.

What did all of you have on delivery?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I wasn't thinking much of it but my tire pressure on delivery was 41 psi cold. I figured it was high for fuel efficiency. I checked the door and I think it's supposed to be around 36 psi for the Sahara 20" stock wheels. I actually went out in the sand with that! I ordered a gauge with a bleeder valve today.

What did all of you have on delivery?
Have you found the tire fill a alert?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen the alert system but I figured a bleeder valve would be the best option. I'll give it a try when I bleed off.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
high tire pressure is right to avoid flat standing and to form and seat the tires on the rims.
Are you saying they factory fill high in case the vehicle will be sitting on the lot for an extended time?

I'm surprised the Wrangler doesn't come with specified ranges for off-road and loading. 41 psi may be top end for fully loaded highway.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep 4xe Rubicon
14 Posts
Mine was 42 all around. 37 on a Rubi is specified in door.

I have filled mine back up to 44 but friend told me to lower to 37. It rides well at 42-44.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Are you saying they factory fill high in case the vehicle will be sitting on the lot for an extended time?

I'm surprised the Wrangler doesn't come with specified ranges for off-road and loading. 41 psi may be top end for fully loaded highway.
the door sticker tells you the recomended tire pressure like in my case 36 psi, the tires have a max psi of 44.
since the wrangler is heavy , heat will build up fast and the tire pressure will get higher while driving. for safety reason i go with the recomended tire pressure.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have you found the tire fill a alert?
I gave it a try! It's a neat system and the TPMS is quite responsive. I've had systems in the past that were slow to respond or required some driving before they would pick up. I think in absence of a gauge you could get an accurate pressure.

It's disabled by default in settings which made it a little confusing. The default values were 36 PSI that came up in the app.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep 4xe Rubicon
14 Posts
Kenji, that makes sense. I know I need to back it down. I don't want to prematurely wear them either

Thanks

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kenji, that makes sense. I know I need to back it down. I don't want to prematurely wear them either

Thanks
Give the tire fill alert a try!

On the road, I can't tell a difference between 36 and 41 where I had been.

Anyone got suggestions for trail conditions with the stock Sahara 20s?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was Jeep tech about 14 years ago and if you had 41psi in tires it tells me tech not finishing pre delivery inspection,they come with more air for shipping so should be put at pressure on door jamb

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was Jeep tech about 14 years ago and if you had 41psi in tires it tells me tech not finishing pre delivery inspection,they come with more air for shipping so should be put at pressure on door jamb
I recall my sales person was upset they hadn't charged the 4xe on his request. He specifically ran it back to service after I sent my down payment.

I found several pieces of interior plastic coverings still in place, one just a few days ago. Also, there is some white plastic covering stuck is some exterior crevices I can't get out. My tool kit and other accessories were scattered about. I almost lost the rear cargo box liner as it blew out the back when my top was down. Luckily I was on a back road and saw it.

I had assumed the pressure was high for fuel efficiency and it was delivered in spec.

So that all fits with lack of pre-delivery inspection!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts