Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I’ve been thinking about changing the tires on my 4xe, but don't want to decrease my electric range or change the speedometer reading. I'd like them to be flush with the fenders. So wider but not necessarily taller. If I figured this correctly, going from stock to a 295 x 50 x 20 will change the sidewall from 151.25mm to 147.5mm and actually reduce the height of the tire by 0.3", while making it about 0.8" wider. If that's the case, I think the effect on range and speedo should be negligible, and maybe even a little better. I love the wheels and don’t want to change them. My tire guy said I could go as wide as 295 on the stock wheels. Am I missing or overlooking something here? Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello. I’ve been thinking about changing the tires on my 4xe, but don't want to decrease my electric range or change the speedometer reading. I'd like them to be flush with the fenders. So wider but not necessarily taller. If I figured this correctly, going from stock to a 295 x 50 x 20 will change the sidewall from 151.25mm to 147.5mm and actually reduce the height of the tire by 0.3", while making it about 0.8" wider. If that's the case, I think the effect on range and speedo should be negligible, and maybe even a little better. I love the wheels and don’t want to change them. My tire guy said I could go as wide as 295 on the stock wheels. Am I missing or overlooking something here? Thanks.
I did 295x60/20. And looks and feels great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts