Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I’ve been thinking about changing the tires on my 4xe, but don't want to decrease my electric range or change the speedometer reading. I'd like them to be flush with the fenders. So wider but not necessarily taller. If I figured this correctly, going from stock to a 295 x 50 x 20 will change the sidewall from 151.25mm to 147.5mm and actually reduce the height of the tire by 0.3", while making it about 0.8" wider. If that's the case, I think the effect on range and speedo should be negligible, and maybe even a little better. I love the wheels and don’t want to change them. My tire guy said I could go as wide as 295 on the stock wheels. Am I missing or overlooking something here? Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello. I’ve been thinking about changing the tires on my 4xe, but don't want to decrease my electric range or change the speedometer reading. I'd like them to be flush with the fenders. So wider but not necessarily taller. If I figured this correctly, going from stock to a 295 x 50 x 20 will change the sidewall from 151.25mm to 147.5mm and actually reduce the height of the tire by 0.3", while making it about 0.8" wider. If that's the case, I think the effect on range and speedo should be negligible, and maybe even a little better. I love the wheels and don’t want to change them. My tire guy said I could go as wide as 295 on the stock wheels. Am I missing or overlooking something here? Thanks.
I did 295x60/20. And looks and feels great.

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler 4xe
63 Posts
I hated the 20 stock rims off the grand Cherokee, so I got sport s 17’s and 285/70/17 (33’s). The 295/55/20 specs out at 32.8(33’s)same height as mine. However the 55 sidewall isn’t helping the 20 rims prevent curb rash or heaven forbid going off-road. The 4xe already sits .5 higher than stock due to stiffer springs, essentially a leveling kit, that’s all that is needed to fit 35’s. A 295/65/20 or 285/65/20 if you’re worried about width(both are +/- 11.5, 12 with factory offset is where u get rub). Fill the fender gap…
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
207 Posts
I hated the 20 stock rims off the grand Cherokee, so I got sport s 17’s and 285/70/17 (33’s). The 295/55/20 specs out at 32.8(33’s)same height as mine. However the 55 sidewall isn’t helping the 20 rims prevent curb rash or heaven forbid going off-road. The 4xe already sits .5 higher than stock due to stiffer springs, essentially a leveling kit, that’s all that is needed to fit 35’s. A 295/65/20 or 285/65/20 if you’re worried about width(both are +/- 11.5, 12 with factory offset is where u get rub). Fill the fender gap… View attachment 3604
How do you paint all those in blue? Do you have a tutorial?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had them done by rau autowood, they are high quality so they look like they belong, vs garage rattle can. As you can see in the link, it was all YouTube videos of how to swap the parts out.
How long did they take? And how much did they charge? I went to a shop. They quote me $1600 to paint those small things and they need a whole week. Sounds too much to me. I have to rent a car for a whole week in that case

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler 4xe
63 Posts
Normally he just ships you what you want with his cores read his forum/call him for options and pricing ~600/4 inner door handles

From start to finish my set was probably 6 weeks and probably 3k as I had no Jeep and very specific parts I wanted. But as you can see for him having the info and parts to me installing was a week
Week 1-confer with William about the 24 parts I wanted
Week 2-drop ship from mopar anything he didn’t have cores for
Week 3-confirm spray out colors tuscadero and surf blue(no one had seen them before)
Week 4-painted
Week 5-install
Week 6-return any cores he provided

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had to add the Rough Country relocation bracket. The bigger tire was setting off the back up sensors. But if you do it, get the bracket for “without sensors”. Plenty high and the sensors work perfect now. The other is 2” higher and not needed. Hinges and tailgate are plenty strong. I ordered it from Quadratec. They also have longer bumpers to stabilize. All worked out perfectly.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I had to add the Rough Country relocation bracket. The bigger tire was setting off the back up sensors. But if you do it, get the bracket for “without sensors”. Plenty high and the sensors work perfect now. The other is 2” higher and not needed. Hinges and tailgate are plenty strong. I ordered it from Quadratec. They also have longer bumpers to stabilize. All worked out perfectly.

I don’t have sensors so I might be OK but thank you I appreciate it!

as for tailgate, I might be reading it wrong, so you left the tailgate and tailgate hinges stock? Or if you went after market what did you use? Thanks again! I know they’re heavy tires so just wanted to double check was worried about rub.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts