Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm new to Jeep and tire reading...Question - if I have LT285/70/R17 tires does that mean I have 33 inch tires? Also, if a trail requires a 2inch lift, would that be in addition to the stock Rubicon 4xe? thank you and I appreciate your help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Yes you have 33's. That's what the Rubicon ships with unless you get the Xtreme recon package.
What trail are you looking at that says you need a 2" lift? Just saying any vehicle needs a lift seems too broad a statement. Your Rubicon as shipped from factory can do pretty much any trail w/out a lift.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Yes you have 33's. That's what the Rubicon ships with unless you get the Xtreme recon package.
What trail are you looking at that says you need a 2" lift? Just saying any vehicle needs a lift seems too broad a statement. Your Rubicon as shipped from factory can do pretty much any trail w/out a lift.
Thank you. Seems like I can do a lot with those tires then. I was looking for easy to easy/moderate trails in Northern California, but was also checking to see what the minimum "must have's are" - Rubicon Trail (not that I'll be doing that anytime soon - baby steps) says 32 inch tires with 2 inch lift with front/rear lockers.

Reading this forum I'm thinking I should start with getting a Winch installed first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, most people will tell you to be concerned about recovery and safety first. So a winch is a good start. Lots of resources out there (youtube, these forums etc) that describe must have first mods/accy's.
Your Rubicon CAN do the Rubicon trail. Its in the name for a reason. However that really comes down to experience. Which lines to take, a good spotter, and personal experience. Not a first timer kind of trail :) Stock JLUR's will bash the rock rails and skid plates on trails as difficult as the Rubicon, but it will get through with skill, luck and maybe a few curse words.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe (on order)
90 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm new to Jeep and tire reading...Question - if I have LT285/70/R17 tires does that mean I have 33 inch tires? Also, if a trail requires a 2inch lift, would that be in addition to the stock Rubicon 4xe? thank you and I appreciate your help.
Here is a link to an awesome website for anyone interested in tire sizes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.