Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I’m new to the forum and doing some homework before I buy a 4xe. Rubicon’s have massive off road tires on 17” rims and the Sahara and High Altitude have more of a road tire on 20” rims. Is this correct?

With that in mind will the Rubicon’s tires have more “road noise”?

Will the Rubicon have a lower mpg (just straight up mpg here) because of the more off road tires? Jeep gives all 3 models the same mpg. 🤷‍♂️

I’m really leaning towards a Rubicon to replace my Ford F-150.

·
Registered
21 Rubicon 4xe
33 Posts
Road noise is more based on the tread pattern of the tire. The all season tires will be quieter than all terrain which will be quieter than a mud terrain. Rotating the tires will help even out wear and help keep noise from getting out of hand.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
520 Posts
The BFG’s on the Rubicon are not noisy. I’ve had them on many trucks and now my Rubicon, they are a great ride. MPG vs more street tire will be negligible IMO.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The BFG’s on the Rubicon are not noisy. I’ve had them on many trucks and now my Rubicon, they are a great ride. MPG vs more street tire will be negligible IMO.
Awesome to hear. I’ve been leaning towards the Rubicon and this will help tip the scales. The painted 20’s look nice but 33” monster looking tires are 🔥

1 - 4 of 4 Posts