Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have my 4xe back from service, can anyone tell me where to find the total number of ICE miles on my vehicle. It has to be simple and I must be overlooking something obvious, but I just can't figure it out or can only the dealer see how many miles are on the engine?
Is using one of the Trip calculators the only way?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Now that I have my 4xe back from service, can anyone tell me where to find the total number of ICE miles on my vehicle. It has to be simple and I must be overlooking something obvious, but I just can't figure it out or can only the dealer see how many miles are on the engine?
Is using one of the Trip calculators the only way?
I was wondering the same thing. Seems like it should be in the e pages somewhere, but as far as I can find we cannot see ICE miles only. As far as vehicle maintenance goes, that should be a very important piece of info. Who wants to change spark plugs with only maybe 8k miles on them because the odometer shows 30k? Most items like filters and belts can be visually inspected, but spark plugs, timing belt eventually, and even oil changes are harder to judge without the mileage component as a guide.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The uConnect app also lists Total Miles, Electric Miles, and Hybrid Miles in the Trip information section. I've only had the Jeep for a few days but have stayed in Electric Mode, so in my case "Hybrid Miles" will roughly mean ICE miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Unless you are seeing something in the app that I am not, that is just the same info from your trip odometer, which is correct, but as soon as it gets reset, the totals are gone. We had attempted to keep one as a running tally, but it got accidentally reset, so now the lifetime info is gone. I’m sure it’s locked away in the PCM where a dealer can find it, but so far, not for the owner.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ok, good to know. I only have 77 total miles on the A and B trips. 78 miles on the odometer.
Since you haven’t reset yet, you could keep say, trip B running as a lifetime odometer to show the info, which is what my wife and I tried, but one of us accidentally reset the wrong one, so it didn’t work out the way we intended. Enjoy your new jeep, we love ours so far. Have had it since May, and coming up on 4000 miles.

·
Registered
613 Posts
JScan looks like it has 3 hybrid related modules in it now. No idea if it displays that info since they don't work in demo mode.

At a minimum, the jeep must track ice run time as it's part of the OLM's calculations.

I'd need to put my security gateway bypass cable in but it's way too hot outside

1 - 8 of 8 Posts