Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else experienced sporadic issues with the touchscreen? Doesn't matter if I'm using Carplay or not, it will suddenly stop allowing me to use the touchscreen to select anything.

I've tried the hard screen reset and it's worked a couple of times but now it's unusable.

I can still use the steering wheel buttons or my phone itself to make changes which are reflected on the screen.

So the screen isn't frozen, it's just that the 'touch' element is not working :-/

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have this issue with my wife’s Grand Cherokee. Happens sporadically and self cures after the car is turned off for a period of time. Annoying for sure but dealer hasn’t been able to solve it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update for those experiencing this issue; using this reset seems to resolve temporarily, but doesn't prevent it reoccurring :-(

Five Easy Steps to Reset UConnect®
  1. Ensure your vehicle is in park and in “Run” mode.
  2. Press and hold down the volume and tuner knob buttons at the same time.
  3. Hold down the knobs for 10 – 20 seconds.
  4. After holding down the knobs, the screen should flash your vehicle brand name and then go dark.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Michail - it affects the screen whether I'm using CarPlay or not, so this it's more generic.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hi everyone,

If any of you have questions pertaining to your car's features and Uconnect system, please do not hesitate to send us a private message. We'd be happy to look into it!

Courtney
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update for those experiencing this issue; using this reset seems to resolve temporarily, but doesn't prevent it reoccurring :-(

Five Easy Steps to Reset UConnect®
  1. Ensure your vehicle is in park and in “Run” mode.
  2. Press and hold down the volume and tuner knob buttons at the same time.
  3. Hold down the knobs for 10 – 20 seconds.
  4. After holding down the knobs, the screen should flash your vehicle brand name and then go dark.
I tried that and it did flash the brand then went dark. Still no screen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
My radio (the whole center screen is black) won’t start or will shut down after some time

could you help?
Hi everyone,

If any of you have questions pertaining to your car's features and Uconnect system, please do not hesitate to send us a private message. We'd be happy to look into it!

Courtney
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hi
My radio (the whole center screen is black) won’t start or will shut down after some time

could you help?
Hi there--

We can absolutely look into this for you! Please send our team a private message with your VIN and additional details if you'd like our support.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

1 - 13 of 13 Posts