Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone added a tow hitch wiring harness to their 4xe? I added this one to my to my '20 JL Willys, but it says it isn't compatible with the 4xe:

Quadratec Tow Hitch Wiring Harness for 18-22 Jeep Wrangler JL

Any thoughts on what the compatibility issue might be? Would like to put one on my 4xe Sahara. When I added it to the Willys, it seemed like a pretty straight-forward connection that should work on the 4xe.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've got the Rugged Ride version, so I'll find out if it doesn't work. Not sure why it wouldn't, probably worried about the long positive cable you have to run to the battery.

·
Super Moderator
187 Posts
read this post, should answer your questions

·
Registered
6 Posts
After reading the post above I could not find anything useful about the wiring harness for a trailer hitch. The dealership says they only have the 7 pin that involves re-wiring the entire Jeep to the tune of $1,200 bucks! Has anyone had success with the 4 pin harness that installs through the tail lights?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After reading the post above I could not find anything useful about the wiring harness for a trailer hitch. The dealership says they only have the 7 pin that involves re-wiring the entire Jeep to the tune of $1,200 bucks! Has anyone had success with the 4 pin harness that installs through the tail lights?
Installed the Quadratec one this weekend. Works great.

·
Registered
2022 Rubicon 4xe
1,223 Posts
Your dealership sounds incompetent. Took two seconds to find the mopar add on wiring harness is part# 82216359AA. And Quadratec was the most expensive i saw selling it, so maybe don't buy it there. I don't pull trailers often but i do find that having a 7 pin harness is handy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Your dealership sounds incompetent. Took two seconds to find the mopar add on wiring harness is part# 82216359AA. And Quadratec was the most expensive i saw selling it, so maybe don't buy it there. I don't pull trailers often but i do find that having a 7 pin harness is handy.
[
For anyone who has the same question I had I found some answers. The dealership won't install anything that is not exact factory specified. Hence the complete system re-configuration they wanted to do for 1,200. Instead I went to U-haul and they installed the wiring for 200. (This was just for the wiring. I already had the ball and hitch from my old jeep). The install went through the tail lights, to the bumper and then ran a connection up under the running boards and connected to the battery. The tech told me there was already a connection piece on the battery. The wiring is completely invisible. If you are contemplating adding a trailer hitch I would recommend going this route.

·
Registered
8 Posts
For anyone who has the same question I had I found some answers. The dealership won't install anything that is not exact factory specified. Hence the complete system re-configuration they wanted to do for 1,200. Instead I went to U-haul and they installed the wiring for 200. (This was just for the wiring. I already had the ball and hitch from my old jeep). The install went through the tail lights, to the bumper and then ran a connection up under the running boards and connected to the battery. The tech told me there was already a connection piece on the battery. The wiring is completely invisible. If you are contemplating adding a trailer hitch I would recommend going this route.
Did you buy the part and take it to them?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts