Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used theirs to tow trailers or toys? Have a 7x14 trailer we use to tow our KRX 1000 and two dirt bikes. Just wondered how it does. TIA!!

Adam

·
Registered
107 Posts
well done W4XEF !
i'm looking forward to tow a travel trailer r-pod rp190. first a have to sell our bounder

·
Registered
50 Posts
Pulled a 5x10 heavy duty utility trailer loaded with 12 sheets or 3/4” hickory plywood and it was like it wasn’t even there.

And the regen braking really helps when towing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone used theirs to tow trailers or toys? Have a 7x14 trailer we use to tow our KRX 1000 and two dirt bikes. Just wondered how it does. TIA!!

Adam
I have towed my TAB 320 twice about 200 miles each time. I don't know actual MPG but it was about 10 to12 MPG once with a full charge and once with about 50% charged. The battery was drained before I got to the mountains. I think next time I will try E-save until I get to the mountains, but I don't think this will improve the MPG much. The trailer weighs about 2000lbs. I did turn off the A/C on the big hills and it wasn't too hot out. My 4Xe pulled the trailer great I didn't feel uneasy going up and down hills, it stops great and the trailer tracks behind the Jeep great. I do not have or feel I need trailer breaks, but I don't think I would want a trailer any bigger.

I traded my 2018 Sahara with a 2.0 for the 4Xe. I had a 3inch lift with 35inch tires, so I think the weight was similar between the 2 jeeps. I got 12 to 16 MPG going to the same place depending on the outside temp and traffic. I would take the lower MPG for pulling and having the 4Xe Rubicon over a Sahara any day.

I also drove without a trailer 700 miles at highways speeds for a trip to San Deigo. My MPG going there was 16MPG on the way back it was about 21MPG. Had a horrible headwind going to SD and the wind pushed me home. With my Sahara I would say the MPG might have been slightly better, but not much.

I'm using the 4Xe for commuting 20 miles round trip each day, using mostly electric even at highway speeds. So pulling the trailer is important, but the commute and off roading quitely is what I bought it for.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts