Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning people, does anybody know if the tow package includes a transmission cooler, higher power fan, or anything else besides a 700 amp battery, the hitch receiver, and wiring harness?? The dealer we’re working with is saying that he found out that the wiring harness for gas engine Jeep’s from Mopar will work on the 4XE, and they will install it, this is after he said there is no wiring harness yet to add on from Mopar!! We agreed to buy our Jeep If he had the tow package put on and a few other things if we paid the markup price he gave us, I’m concerned that they are rigging it and we might have issues in the future towing. Thanks for any feedback and have a good day

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No mechanical differences, tow package will include the 4 aux switches in the dash as well so make sure they put them in and wire the harness into the engine bay. if they promised you the same thing as the factory tow package
I saw that there is auxiliary switches also, but I don’t understand or know what they are enabling unless there is brake assist or something else to turn on while towing, but thanks for the confirmation that there’s no added components for cooling or transmission control, like not letting it go into the high gears or overdrive gears while towing, I appreciate all replies, thank you

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I saw that there is auxiliary switches also, but I don’t understand or know what they are enabling unless there is brake assist or something else to turn on while towing, but thanks for the confirmation that there’s no added components for cooling or transmission control, like not letting it go into the high gears or overdrive gears while towing, I appreciate all replies, thank you
The aux switches go to blank wires for you to plug in to. They're there for light bars or winches or whatever accessories you want to add and be able to turn on/off in an clean way. They're not specifically for towing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The aux switches go to blank wires for you to plug in to. They're there for light bars or winches or whatever accessories you want to add and be able to turn on/off in an clean way. They're not specifically for towing.
Alright thanks, this dealership told me they could add a tow package when we agreed only to buy if they included that, and this is after I said I was towing an enclosed trailer 5 states away, and after we went to lunch and they said it was ready, I checked it and they just put a hitch with no wires, and told me the wiring isn’t available for the hybrid model, and didn’t understand why we were upset and he said they owe us a harness when they become available. That’s when I told him that we don’t want a vehicle that can’t tow legally, and I knew that they had a tow package on these vehicles, then they call and say they found out from Mopar that the gas engine wire harness for Wrangler’s will fit the 4XE, but didn’t offer the 700 amp battery or auxiliary switches, sales managers should leave mechanical, electrical, and labor work to the Service managers!! I don’t want our Brand new vehicle getting things slapped together rigged up, I apologize for rambling, thanks for the information

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Alright thanks, this dealership told me they could add a tow package when we agreed only to buy if they included that, and this is after I said I was towing an enclosed trailer 5 states away, and after we went to lunch and they said it was ready, I checked it and they just put a hitch with no wires, and told me the wiring isn’t available for the hybrid model, and didn’t understand why we were upset and he said they owe us a harness when they become available. That’s when I told him that we don’t want a vehicle that can’t tow legally, and I knew that they had a tow package on these vehicles, then they call and say they found out from Mopar that the gas engine wire harness for Wrangler’s will fit the 4XE, but didn’t offer the 700 amp battery or auxiliary switches, sales managers should leave mechanical, electrical, and labor work to the Service managers!! I don’t want our Brand new vehicle getting things slapped together rigged up, I apologize for rambling, thanks for the information
Ya, they just threw a hitch on rather than replicate the trailer tow and HD electrical group. (Note that the 4xe is the left two columns, so no 240 amp alternator)

Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Circle

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
View attachment 3718

JLXP74 is the sahara 4xe, JLXS74 is the Rubicon 4xe
Thank you so much, this lifted a lot of weight from my shoulders, I got the 2021 Rubicon and it’s brand New and think there’s no Changes on this, We’ll see if they put those in there when I bring it in, and not just the wiring harness they claim that is all they agreed to with there hitch they put on the day we bought it, I really appreciate your knowledge you shared, have a good day

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Thank you so much, this lifted a lot of weight from my shoulders, I got the 2021 Rubicon and it’s brand New and think there’s no Changes on this, We’ll see if they put those in there when I bring it in, and not just the wiring harness they claim that is all they agreed to with there hitch they put on the day we bought it, I really appreciate your knowledge you shared, have a good day
Probably worth hoping on jlforum and trying g to find a copy of the 21 order guide. The tow package didn't change for 21, but they're going to point to the fact that that's for the 22 and claim it doesn't count.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone have a dealer contact who actually installed the tow package? I’m having the same problem finding a dealer in Maryland to install the wiring harness. Maybe your dealer can talk to mine and tell them which one to install. Who’s bright idea was it to Not include one compatible with the 4xe….

1 - 13 of 13 Posts