Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide on the Trailhawk and the Summit Reserve. I know the Trailhawk is trail rated and designed to go off road. Aside from different tires/wheels and the disconnect bar on the Trailhawk are those the major differences in the ability to offroad? Does it have more skid plates than the Summit Reserve?

I like to have the luxury tech that is offered on the Summit Reserve but would still like the ability to go on some trails.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Without really looking at the packages, wouldn't what you are looking for be the Overland with the offroad pack? That is if you can FIND or even order an Overland with the offroad pack.

Off the top of my head, the overland can be loaded up with almost everything the SR has, including the offroad pack.

Take a look at this site to see if it helps at all with the options.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Without really looking at the packages, wouldn't what you are looking for be the Overland with the offroad pack? That is if you can FIND or even order an Overland with the offroad pack.

Off the top of my head, the overland can be loaded up with almost everything the SR has, including the offroad pack.

You know your right. I know there are some Overlands around my area but I am stuck with the current dealership I purchased my Wrangler 4xe at. They are currently offering 5k additional to KBB value. And they only have a trailhawk and SR.

·
Registered
990 Posts
but I am stuck with the current dealership
I guess this always confuses me how anyone is "stuck" with a dealership. Will they only take that on a trade-in, or can you sell it to them and go to another dealership? Will they not reach out and try and snag or trade another dealer for anything?

I guess I am spoiled around the DC metro area that most dealers will reach out for whatever we are looking for and bring it to us. My VW was pulled from a dealer in Deleware since it was exactly what I wanted and they just traded inventory for it.

If you are stuck between the two trim levels, you have to ask yourself how much off-road (or at least, how aggressive off-road) you will go. If you are going to go the SR route and keep the stock wheels, keep in mind that they are lower profile and not great for more aggressive off-road situations, but you coming from a Wrangler probably understand that pretty well.

In my old 2013 GC Limited, we did logging trails and beach driving with no problems, we also had no issue going through more aggressive trails but nothing that required rock climbing or needing any trail spotter to watch wheel placement or even risked bringing one wheel off the ground.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am trying to decide on the Trailhawk and the Summit Reserve. I know the Trailhawk is trail rated and designed to go off road. Aside from different tires/wheels and the disconnect bar on the Trailhawk are those the major differences in the ability to offroad? Does it have more skid plates than the Summit Reserve?

I like to have the luxury tech that is offered on the Summit Reserve but would still like the ability to go on some trails.
Trailhawks also have 11.3 inches instead of 10.9 inches of ground clearance and better approach/ departure angles (this is why the TH trim doesn't have visible exhaust tips like the overland and SR).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess this always confuses me how anyone is "stuck" with a dealership. Will they only take that on a trade-in, or can you sell it to them and go to another dealership? Will they not reach out and try and snag or trade another dealer for anything?

I guess I am spoiled around the DC metro area that most dealers will reach out for whatever we are looking for and bring it to us. My VW was pulled from a dealer in Deleware since it was exactly what I wanted and they just traded inventory for it.

If you are stuck between the two trim levels, you have to ask yourself how much off-road (or at least, how aggressive off-road) you will go. If you are going to go the SR route and keep the stock wheels, keep in mind that they are lower profile and not great for more aggressive off-road situations, but you coming from a Wrangler probably understand that pretty well.

In my old 2013 GC Limited, we did logging trails and beach driving with no problems, we also had no issue going through more aggressive trails but nothing that required rock climbing or needing any trail spotter to watch wheel placement or even risked bringing one wheel off the ground.
They will only add the 5k to my trade in if I buy one of theirs. So in that sense I am stuck with them. That extra 5k would really help me out as the Sahara 4xe value has dropped a lot.

·
Registered
215 Posts

The Overland does not have the extra skid plates.

Also, I don’t think the Overland with the Off-road package has actually ever been orderable, at least in the US.

·
Registered
990 Posts
The Overland does not have the extra skid plates.

Also, I don’t think the Overland with the Off-road package has actually ever been orderable, at least in the US.
The offroad pack is supposed to add the plates I believe. That is also why I said IF you can find or order the overland with that particular pack. They advertise it, but as we all know, that's not how things work right now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts