Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone experiencing transmission issues post recalls and updates? Mine has slipped from a stop on gas motor three times in the days following service for updates and recalls. It’s like slipping the clutch on a manual. The engine revs and takes a second to accelerate. I can’t replicate, it is completely random. I am also seeing much less fluid electric/gas transitions on acceleration, the whole vehicle bucks. No trans codes or CEL lights. Anyone?

· Registered
176 Posts
Is anyone experiencing transmission issues post recalls and updates? Mine has slipped from a stop on gas motor three times in the days following service for updates and recalls. It’s like slipping the clutch on a manual. The engine revs and takes a second to accelerate. I can’t replicate, it is completely random. I am also seeing much less fluid electric/gas transitions on acceleration, the whole vehicle bucks. No trans codes or CEL lights. Anyone?
I haven't heard of the software update causing this but I have heard of a few cases of this on Wrangler and GC 4xes. Seems like the cause has been some kind of oil pump in the transmission that is responsible for actuating various clutches? I'd definitely reach out to your service department to at least get that conversation started and, honestly, I'd file a complaint with NHTSA because this is a safety hazard and if there are enough complaints, it can trigger a recall.

· Registered
969 Posts
Your transmission isn't slipping its likely the K0 clutch which controls when the gas engine is connected to the drive train.

There was a transmission module update done with the recalls, but i've found that mine is smoother after the update than before

· Registered
176 Posts
Your transmission isn't slipping its likely the K0 clutch which controls when the gas engine is connected to the drive train.

There was a transmission module update done with the recalls, but i've found that mine is smoother after the update than before
I hope whatever software improvements were made to the pre-23 4xes will make their way to the '23 models and that one of those improvements will help smooth out the little bit of herki-jerkiness during engine power applications at slower speeds. I only have 300 miles on the odometer so there could be a bit of transmission learning still needing to be done. It was pretty bad at first (like a kid learning to use a clutch lol) and I have definitely noticed a marked improvement over the last few hundred miles so maybe a few hundred more will be all it needs.

· Registered
3 Posts
I haven’t had any issues here, seems to be riding smoother for me but I have been driving conservatively to raise my MPGs. (On a side note, the Jeep now stays in Electric mode after turning off and back on which I like.)

· Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4xe
32 Posts
I hope whatever software improvements were made to the pre-23 4xes will make their way to the '23 models
They’re coming in a few months. My old college roommate is the lead software architect for the Jeep brand. The plan was originally to rollout updates for all model years at the same time, however they changed and decided to integrate the updates for the loss of motive power recalls for many ‘21 & ‘22 models into the update to expedite that. They have not fully completed testing on these updates to the ‘23 models, so they’re doing that now before releasing it to that model year.

· Registered
27 Posts
So I've had this issue pre-update for about 5-6 months. It's more pronounced when you come to stop and if the light turns green and you hit the gas it's a hesitation. I've taken in for service and each time they state there's an update for the transmission but so far it still happens. The transition from electric to gas though is unnoticeable. Mind you the jerkiness isn't every time either it just happens every once in a while.
Currently mine is in the service shop to get the update and the electric heater lock out issue...lol

It's actually over 30 days in the shop for all the times I had to being the Jeep in for so looking at lemon options but just exploring it. Wife and I love the Jeep though.

· Registered
196 Posts
I have approx 4500kms on mine and noticed the odd time when the drive train has been cold that it's almost like riding the clutch for a bit when first starting off. It hasn't been consistent though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts