Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4xe
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed trim or weather stripping not properly installed? I had it in the dealership for a different error that sent me an email, which I think they fixed, but I had mentioned the trouble areas at the driver side near the windshield and weather stripping on the top sticking out. The note when I checked out today said no issue found, and since it had already been there almost five days, I wasn't going to leave it again immediately.

Does anyone know if the dealership should be able to fix these problems? Maybe I have high expectations for a brand new vehicle, but these both really bother me as poor assembly/craftsmanship. I had to drive 2+ hours to pick up my Sahara 4xe and didn't notice these immediately. Is that the dealer responsible for identifying these type of issues on receipt?

This looks like tape or some sort of sticky stuff that should be connecting the handle. I'm seriously tempted to just cut it myself since it's been seen by multiple dealers already and missed/ignored, but I'm a bit worried that it's important part of sticking the handle too.
Automotive tire Hood Grille Synthetic rubber Grey

Weather-stripping at the top I noticed when we removed the freedom tops to put in the Bestop Sunrider. It's not caused or touched at all by the freedom tops but less noticeable than the first issue. Really hard to take a picture of but definitely visible in person. We tried to push it back in, but it doesn't stay.
Window Cloud Mode of transport Vehicle Automotive exterior

If the dealers can't fix this, I'm not sure how else to get it corrected.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Has anyone else noticed trim or weather stripping not properly installed? I had it in the dealership for a different error that sent me an email, which I think they fixed, but I had mentioned the trouble areas at the driver side near the windshield and weather stripping on the top sticking out. The note when I checked out today said no issue found, and since it had already been there almost five days, I wasn't going to leave it again immediately.

Does anyone know if the dealership should be able to fix these problems? Maybe I have high expectations for a brand new vehicle, but these both really bother me as poor assembly/craftsmanship. I had to drive 2+ hours to pick up my Sahara 4xe and didn't notice these immediately. Is that the dealer responsible for identifying these type of issues on receipt?

This looks like tape or some sort of sticky stuff that should be connecting the handle. I'm seriously tempted to just cut it myself since it's been seen by multiple dealers already and missed/ignored, but I'm a bit worried that it's important part of sticking the handle too.
View attachment 1840

Weather-stripping at the top I noticed when we removed the freedom tops to put in the Bestop Sunrider. It's not caused or touched at all by the freedom tops but less noticeable than the first issue. Really hard to take a picture of but definitely visible in person. We tried to push it back in, but it doesn't stay.
View attachment 1841

If the dealers can't fix this, I'm not sure how else to get it corrected.
Did you have the chance to get to the dealer for this concern yet, missjasmin? If so and you would like to discuss further or need extra support, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Kate
Jeep Cares

1 - 3 of 3 Posts