Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4xE is at the dealer as the hybrid battery cannot be charged. The 50 amp breaker for the Level 2 ChargePoint charger trips when a charge is attempted. The check engine light is on and now my Wrangler will not start. It also will not charge via a Level 1 charger. It worked great for 3 months and 2,600 miles.

Anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Something is up. No way the 4xe could pull that much current without a short somewhere.

Is the circuit dedicated?

Have you tried a public charger known to be working?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Something is up. No way the 4xe could pull that much current without a short somewhere.

Is the circuit dedicated?

Have you tried a public charger known to be working?
Yes, it is a dedicated circuit. It worked fine for 10 days after install. Then the problem started and it would not charge. Now no charger will work.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Your pins in the cowl are probably bent. See if it will change with the wrangler level 1 charger.

everything battery snd is warranties for 7 years and 10 if you live in CA or MI. Don’t let a dealer Buffalo you. Call Atlantis directly if you have to.

see if you Jeep will charge on the level 1 charger. Then see if you can get a different level 2 charger areoind town. The Jeep dealer should have a level 2 charger. So should a Ford,VW,Audi,Mercedes, and BMW.

if your Jeep center 5 blue light all blink, that means it is in happy.
If you personal charge point home charger is setting off your 50am breaker. Run by Home Depot or Lowe’s and replace it. There at Tesla videos in how to do that. Breakers in homes go bad becuase the one you buy at Home Depot and Lowe’s are made in China.

I can guide you though more if you message me more.

alsotry to disconnect the batter snd the purple 5 amp breaker on the front drivers side of the box. That will force the Jeep to docs real reset.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts