Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I have added a simple hitch to all my previous wranglers. I thought it would be just as simple, but..... The rear bumper is using 2 of the 4 needed holes with a bracket (not sure where it goes) that attaches to a couple of small bumper screws. The bracket will be in the way of the hitch.

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know what the bracket is used for?

I have backup sensors for the 1st time, maybe something to do with that.

Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, I have added a simple hitch to all my previous wranglers. I thought it would be just as simple, but..... The rear bumper is using 2 of the 4 needed holes with a bracket (not sure where it goes) that attaches to a couple of small bumper screws. The bracket will be in the way of the hitch.

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know what the bracket is used for?

I have backup sensors for the 1st time, maybe something to do with that.

Thanks
Tom

View attachment 499

View attachment 500
It’s a bumper bracket. Look up the hitch install from extremeterrain.com on you tube. She goes over what you need to do to remove it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the video advice, it was an easy install. 30mins.

I installed this hitch from e-trailer. Hoping I can get around the tire

Thanks again

·
Registered
228 Posts
I just watched a bit of that video and I had no where near the bolt clearance she did with the muffler.
. I have one bolt I couldn't get it, Did you have any trouble?

Other thing she did different was take out the bracket. Other people seem to slip the hitch to the inside of the bracket and re-use it with the factory bolts. Anyone know what that bracket is for?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just watched a bit of that video and I had no where near the bolt clearance she did with the muffler.
. I have one bolt I couldn't get it, Did you have any trouble?

Other thing she did different was take out the bracket. Other people seem to slip the hitch to the inside of the bracket and re-use it with the factory bolts. Anyone know what that bracket is for?
I was able to get both of the factory bolts out, without issue, using a standard ratchet. With my hitch I just slid it inside the bracket and put everything back. I think it depend if your hitch has 2 welded nuts. I one she used had 2 welded nuts, mine was smooth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts