Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have owned our new 2021 4XE for 13 days as of today, 12 days if you count when we took our Jeep to the dealership. Driving down the interstate, Jeep goes dead, flashing lights on the dash, check engine light comes on and the tires locked up ( much more but this is the summarized version). The dealership cannot figure out how to fix the problem. They said they contacted Chrysler and Chrysler has not contacted them back. Has anyone had these issues? Please let us know how this was resolved for you, if it was. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

·
Registered
625 Posts
A number of other people have posted similar experiences. Did you check the fuses to make sure they are all seated? This has fixed a number of issues for some folks. Check out this thread

·
Registered
868 Posts
Were the messages related to charging or electronic stability control? Those seem to be the two big ones people get early on. The electronic stability hits beyond the 4xe also.

Once the dealer service department fixes it after 2 to 4 weeks in the shop, it will fail on your drive back home or by the next morning.

The engine light is just incidental to the charging issue or ESC.

·
Registered
276 Posts
We have owned our new 2021 4XE for 13 days as of today, 12 days if you count when we took our Jeep to the dealership. Driving down the interstate, Jeep goes dead, flashing lights on the dash, check engine light comes on and the tires locked up ( much more but this is the summarized version). The dealership cannot figure out how to fix the problem. They said they contacted Chrysler and Chrysler has not contacted them back. Has anyone had these issues? Please let us know how this was resolved for you, if it was. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you
Hi, Johnny. We see you sent us a private message, we will continue working with you there.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
5 Posts

Thank you
Yes I had the same issue after 16 days of ownership. They had my car two weeks and concluded there was an intake hose not secured causing a vaccuum leak. Got it back yesterday so I hoping the issue was resolved.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Thank you
I just read a post on here about someone with this sort of problem and his ended up being a bent pin in the wiring harness for one of the doors... it triggered a safety feature and forced the transmission into park. Might be worth having a look.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well here’s an update, they could not find out what the problem was so the dealership stepped up and traded me out of the 4xe to a regular gas rubicon. So I’m all done with the 4XE.
How did you get them to do that?! They absolutely refused to do that for me, claimed it was not possible. Did you start over with financing, or did they roll the same payment over?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Well here’s an update, they could not find out what the problem was so the dealership stepped up and traded me out of the 4xe to a regular gas rubicon. So I’m all done with the 4XE.
Locking up on the highway isn't a 4xe thing, it's a Wrangler thing. That just seem to be a default failsafe. It's a dangerous failsafe at that.

It happened to me last week. In my case it was overriding the adaptive cruise control system and it caused some confusion between the TCU and ECU. So the jeep just decided to shut down and park on the highway.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Thank you
My daughter has had her 2021 4xe for about 2 months. Unable to start it today. Had to be towed to dealership. They contacted the engineers at Chrysler…still trying to figure out what the problem is. They will contact us in a couple days with hopefully some answers. I’ll post more later!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts