Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

U-Connect

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  FLJeep1 
#1 ·
So we have U-Conn 4 correct? Can this be updated by Jeep to U-Conn 5? Why do these Jeeps, 4xe mind you, have yesterdays electonics?

The U-Conn app has a lot of great things to monitor. It just runs from here to Jupiter and back on 3G technology.

WTH?

#6 ·
That's a huge complaint on CarPlay. AA is fine for me in the console. Some JLs don't work on the port because of a block by apple. Jeep rewired late 2020 the console port. Seem like the rewire is the one that drops on occasion. Ortherwise no function.

I wonder how all the other Teslas and EV owners are reacting to Uconnect! Must feel like using Windows 95.

I'd love a factor retrofit when/if they come out with v5. But I doubt they would put UC5 on a 8.4 inch screen. So we would be looking at a new dash, tons of rewiring, module upgrades, some allowance by the factory for coding, telematics, etc.

If they try to match the Bronco's system, likely the cameras as well.

#7 ·
That's a huge complaint on CarPlay. AA is fine for me in the console. Some JLs don't work on the port because of a block by apple. Jeep rewired late 2020 the console port. Seem like the rewire is the one that drops on occasion. Ortherwise no function.

I wonder how all the other Teslas and EV owners are reacting to Uconnect! Must feel like using Windows 95.

I'd love a factor retrofit when/if they come out with v5. But I doubt they would put UC5 on a 8.4 inch screen. So we would be looking at a new dash, tons of rewiring, module upgrades, some allowance by the factory for coding, telematics, etc.

If they try to match the Bronco's system, likely the cameras as well.
Huge complaint, indeed. I am not sure if it is Apple or Jeep or both. I just want to be able to use the port in the center console (USB2) to connect my iPhone to CarPlay reliably and consistently. It has been working fine from the dash port (USB1) but I have the cable sticking out and it is unsightly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.