1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
JL Rubicon 4Xe 2021
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First big blackout this morning :
1) Could not unplug the car.
2) for a while i got a message that the key was not recognized so i tried the second key
Now the dashboard flashes all white screen sometimes ...
3) Obviously the hood is locked ...
4) Curious to see what theassistance will do as the car can't be unplugged neither the hood be opened....

300 miles ....

·
Registered
430 Posts
did you pushed all fuses and relays in the fusebox to get seated correctly ? some will need a hard push with the finger (click noise) .
other can be your 12 volt battery has low voltage to start the computer and motor into ready.

maybe unpulg the charger from the net to make sure no power running in the plug of your jeep

·
Registered
| 2012 JKU Sahara | 2021 4xe Sahara |
159 Posts
Interesting that the France version of the 4xe comes with electronic hood lock factory installed? And charge port lock—thought only Tesla gets that while any random person without owner key fob can come yank out the 4xe charger at will. Does your EVSE not have surge protection? Hopefully nothing got fried and hope it just needs dealer full reset of the computer system…

·
Registered
430 Posts
Interesting that the France version of the 4xe comes with electronic hood lock factory installed? And charge port lock—thought only Tesla gets that while any random person without owner key fob can come yank out the 4xe charger at will. Does your EVSE not have surge protection? Hopefully nothing got fried and hope it just needs dealer full reset of the computer system…
same as the american version, he need to unhook the plug and unhook the hood in the front center.

·
Registered
JL Rubicon 4Xe 2021
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems to be an auxiliary battery issue : No more activity in the jeep (event the doors can't lock). So I can't test the solution of @Kenji
The positive consequence is the hood unlocked.

I check the fuse box at the delivery.
I tried to unplugged from the net at the switchboard... no positive effect :(

So it's probably one of the battery (main 12v battery or auxiliary one).

Thanks for your comments

·
Registered
430 Posts
Seems to be an auxiliary battery issue : No more activity in the jeep (event the doors can't lock). So I can't test the solution of @Kenji
The positive consequence is the hood unlocked.

I check the fuse box at the delivery.
I tried to unplugged from the net at the switchboard... no positive effect :(

So it's probably one of the battery (main 12v battery or auxiliary one).

Thanks for your comments
or a bad cable or connector. I hope for you that it is the 12 volt battery ( defect or ampere to low for the computer/charger etc..)

·
Registered
| 2012 JKU Sahara | 2021 4xe Sahara |
159 Posts
Ah, I see now. A vehicle blackout and not a grid blackout. Yes, hope a new or recharged 12v will solve your problem. Factory is known to put out bad battery that needs replacement in 6 months if lucky or 3 years if very lucky ever since the JL’s. At least my JKU factory battery lasted longer.

·
Registered
JL Rubicon 4Xe 2021
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
interesting update...
The workshop called me and asked me to open the wallbox and disconnect it from the grid. It can only be done by an electrician....
They will move the car with the wallbox connected :sick:

Be sure to have your electrician qualification when you buy a 4xe.....

This car is an adventure !

·
Registered
JL Rubicon 4Xe 2021
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tehnical update :
- I've got more than 500 miles and not 300 as i mentionned previously...

-With a totally depleted battery (no more light on the dashboard), the hood could be opened and there was no need of the extreme solution (dismantle the wallbox)
- There a manual sytem to unlock the plug (good to know cause it's not specified in the userbook) :
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Bumper Electrical wiring

- With a booster, the technician succeded in starting the car.... engine orange alarm and red turtle alarm... The hood open alarm is normal at this time.
Strange phenomenon :We heard some honking coming from the car

Speedometer Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Car

The next step was easier with a partially operational engine.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
JL Rubicon 4Xe 2021
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All 4xe wranglers have three batteries. The 17kw high voltage battery and two 12V batteries : A "classic" 12V that can be found in all cars and an auxiliary placed below. Its role seems to be to maintain a certain number of systems, but I don't know more.

In France, we have an expression to describe this complexity: "a gas factory"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.