Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Getting my 4xe Undercoated with krown spray in 2 weeks, it's the oil NOT rubberized coating. Anybody have any experience with it? Was told not to spray cooling lines or orange taped lines... I would think the oil would protect everything against corrosion.. I live in Ontario Canada so we get snow and alot of salt!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Fluid Film 11.75 oz. Spray 6-Pak,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CKHLPJR?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I was wondering the same thing but i went cheap/DIY because this stuff works like a charm with my tractor implements. I still have to put mine on a lift and spray again but I did spray one can so far by spraying inside the wheel wells and laying on my back spraying under the vehicle.
I’d like to know where to spray as well…obviously not brakes or anything that gets hot.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fluid Film 11.75 oz. Spray 6-Pak,... Amazon.com: Fluid Film 11.75 oz. Spray 6-Pak, Spray can Extension Wand, Bonus Number 1 in Service Wallet Size Tissue Pack

I was wondering the same thing but i went cheap/DIY because this stuff works like a charm with my tractor implements. I still have to put mine on a lift and spray again but I did spray one can so far by spraying inside the wheel wells and laying on my back spraying under the vehicle.
I’d like to know where to spray as well…obviously not brakes or anything that gets hot.
Fluid film is definitely awesome stuff! I have a few cans I used on all the electrical Connections like the batt terminals, exposed nuts and bolts, took my hinges off and sprayed underneath them with Fluid film...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi. Getting my 4xe Undercoated with krown spray in 2 weeks, it's the oil NOT rubberized coating. Anybody have any experience with it? Was told not to spray cooling lines or orange taped lines... I would think the oil would protect everything against corrosion.. I live in Ontario Canada so we get snow and alot of salt!
Go to Canadian Tire and get Corrosion Free. I've gotten it on my last 2 cars (I live in Atlantic Canada) and its the best bang for your buck, never had an issue with rust. Their ultimate package is best.

It's clear, not oil, doesn't drip besides first day and then goes invisible and won't impact warranty either.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go to Canadian Tire and get Corrosion Free. I've gotten it on my last 2 cars (I live in Atlantic Canada) and its the best bang for your buck, never had an issue with rust. Their ultimate package is best.

It's clear, not oil, doesn't drip besides first day and then goes invisible and won't impact warranty either.
Thanks. I've heard nothing but bad shit about canadiantire undercoating.. they miss spots... but I'll look into it. Krown is supposed to be 2nd best right behind fluid film..

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks. I've heard nothing but bad shit about canadiantire undercoating.. they miss spots... but I'll look into it. Krown is supposed to be 2nd best right behind fluid film..
Just like anything mechanic related, its all about who does it... same issue can happen with oil, fluid film, krown etc.

CT usually lets you watch them do it, I did the first time but now the mechanic I go to I've been with for 5+ years and he saves me a ton of money so I don't need to watch.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just like anything mechanic related, its all about who does it... same issue can happen with oil, fluid film, krown etc.

CT usually lets you watch them do it, I did the first time but now the mechanic I go to I've been with for 5+ years and he saves me a ton of money so I don't need to watch.
Ok good to know, I'll check it out! If they let me watch I'm ok with that. They do the hood, trunk, underbody??

·
Registered
233 Posts
Ok good to know, I'll check it out! If they let me watch I'm ok with that. They do the hood, trunk, underbody??
They do a lot more than that.

All underbody, hood, trunk, all the door latches / hinges for everything to help lubricate and protect, there's also holes with plugs in the doors they spray through to protect all around there (no drilling)

For me they did all my suspension, axles, etc... they did the entire jeep, it was unbelievable

·
Registered
49 Posts
My 13 JKU has the dealer Mastershield Rust proofing / undercoating ........
Surprise surprise jeep still looks pretty damn good with 265000km.
From what I know the Mastershield undercoating it's wax based and it seems to be self healing.
Very frequent trips to snow belt areas and the sand and salt had no effect on undercoating.
My new 22 4xe getting the same treatment just because of the personal experience I had with the product.
Now... Corrosion Free formula 3000.. EXCELLENT product but worth nothing if the application of the product and the people that drill holes in your brand new jeep suck...and it will suck if you do it at Canadian Tire.( Lesson learned on one of my jeeps).

·
Registered
49 Posts

Let's be realistic here...we barely trust the dealers to work on these new technology jeeps and you think Can Tire it's a good option for any kind of work?...I don't think so.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts