Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband bought our 4XE in June. We started having problems almost immediately with "Service Charging System" and "Check Plug Status Unplug Vehicle Before Driving" messages. We had travelled from MI, where the vehicle was purchased, to NY, where we planned to use it over the summer and possibly leave it for relatives to use this fall. As soon as we arrived in NY, my husband took it into the Southampton dealership (early July). They said they didn't see the messages and had us pick it up. The next day, we saw the messages again. My husband took it in another once or twice and for some reason or other, the dealership couldn't service it, coming up with various excuses. I then took it in at the end of August and was told a charging module would be ordered. Great news, finally! Well, then we were notified over a week later that there was a recall and a part would be ordered for that first, as that might remediate the problem. That was odd, as the charging module should have already been ordered. Anyway, we kept hope alive. Soon after, nope, that recall didn't fix the issue so the module would have to be ordered afterall. What???!!! So now we're into mid-Sept. and we had to leave the car there and return to MI. Now the dealer says they want a form completed to order the module... WHAT???!!! This is pure craziness and exhausting! I just tried calling them and was on hold for 30 min. before I was disconnected. Help!
Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Gauge
Automotive design Car Gauge Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
303 Posts
My husband bought our 4XE in June. We started having problems almost immediately with "Service Charging System" and "Check Plug Status Unplug Vehicle Before Driving" messages. We had travelled from MI, where the vehicle was purchased, to NY, where we planned to use it over the summer and possibly leave it for relatives to use this fall. As soon as we arrived in NY, my husband took it into the Southampton dealership (early July). They said they didn't see the messages and had us pick it up. The next day, we saw the messages again. My husband took it in another once or twice and for some reason or other, the dealership couldn't service it, coming up with various excuses. I then took it in at the end of August and was told a charging module would be ordered. Great news, finally! Well, then we were notified over a week later that there was a recall and a part would be ordered for that first, as that might remediate the problem. That was odd, as the charging module should have already been ordered. Anyway, we kept hope alive. Soon after, nope, that recall didn't fix the issue so the module would have to be ordered afterall. What???!!! So now we're into mid-Sept. and we had to leave the car there and return to MI. Now the dealer says they want a form completed to order the module... WHAT???!!! This is pure craziness and exhausting! I just tried calling them and was on hold for 30 min. before I was disconnected. Help! View attachment 2238 View attachment 2239
This certainly sounds like a frustrating situation, Hilary. If you need an extra layer of support while at the dealer, please let us know.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This certainly sounds like a frustrating situation, Hilary. If you need an extra layer of support while at the dealer, please let us know.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Hi Kate,
Well, my husband has mainly been dealing with it as he's the "car person" in the family, but we would really appreciate your help. He bought the car in MI but once we got to NY and started to see those messages pop up we got worried and took it in right away. We thought 2.5 months would have been sufficient to get it sorted out but clearly not. Thanks for any further guidance you can offer.
Best,
Hilary Igleheart

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi Kate,
Well, my husband has mainly been dealing with it as he's the "car person" in the family, but we would really appreciate your help. He bought the car in MI but once we got to NY and started to see those messages pop up we got worried and took it in right away. We thought 2.5 months would have been sufficient to get it sorted out but clearly not. Thanks for any further guidance you can offer.
Best,
Hilary Igleheart
Understood. You can have him reach out to us here via private message or he can call Jeep Cares directly at 877-426-5337.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Reactions: Franklin_Stower

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry for your situation but stories like this have caused 3 of my acquaintances to cancel their 4Xe orders. Maybe Jeep doesn’t care?
I'll let you know if we get anywhere. Now the dealership has called my husband and said the jeep needs to come in for some evaluation. We have taken it in about 5 times already. Now we're out of town so a friend will have to be asked. Are they insane? I can't believe they haven't done whatever evaluation they need to do in one of our previous 5 visits!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Understood. You can have him reach out to us here via private message or he can call Jeep Cares directly at 877-426-5337.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Thank you - I just passed on your details to him. I think the dealership has been very negligent. We have spent hours on this - and it is a brand new vehicle. Are they short-handed out there in Southampton too? The phones literally ring and ring - 30 min. wait and then disconnect. It is pretty shameful.
Best,
Hilary

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thank you - I just passed on your details to him. I think the dealership has been very negligent. We have spent hours on this - and it is a brand new vehicle. Are they short-handed out there in Southampton too? The phones literally ring and ring - 30 min. wait and then disconnect. It is pretty shameful.
Best,
Hilary
Maybe time to play hardball and just get a Lemon Law Attorney ASAP. You have rights. They love to blame Covid for every delay under the sun. Don't fall for it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Best,
Hilary
Sadly we cannot speculate on the staff at this particular dealer, but we do apologize for the frustrations you've incurred here. When your husband calls in, he can discuss all of the concerns with an agent.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
21 Posts
I believe the Jeep dealer in Southampton, NY is part of Six Sigma Auto Group, which also owns the Audi, BMW, Porsche and Mini dealerships in Southampton. I have owned an Audi and BMW (and now a Jeep 4xe) and have very similar experiences as you at the other dealerships — phones ring off the hook, begrudging about fixing warranty issues, generally unhelpful. Maybe you should take it to a different dealership? I service my vehicles in NYC now and it’s so much less stressful. Someone should really look into revoking Six Sigma’s license to sell or repair vehicles.

Another thought — can you begin lemon law proceedings? Believe in NY you can if the vehicle has been in the shop four times for the same issue or out of commission for more than 30 days. Just get your money back and buy a different car next summer.

Good luck to you in getting your problem resolved!! Fingers crossed, I have not had issues with the 4xe yet but it only has 120 miles on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sadly we cannot speculate on the staff at this particular dealer, but we do apologize for the frustrations you've incurred here. When your husband calls in, he can discuss all of the concerns with an agent.

Kate
Jeep Cares
I am posting publicly, because I want everyone to see what happens. So I spoke with a very nice gentleman at Jeep Cares. Once I explained the situation, he very kindly said "it's up to the dealer," and "there's nothing we can do to help, because everything comes down to the dealer." So I don't understand the value of Jeep Cares at all. If the dealer calls the shots, and you can't push them in the right direction, or check their records when you get a complaint (or many complaints) what is the use of Jeep Cares. What does Jeep care about, if not your recent customers?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I am posting publicly, because I want everyone to see what happens. So I spoke with a very nice gentleman at Jeep Cares. Once I explained the situation, he very kindly said "it's up to the dealer," and "there's nothing we can do to help, because everything comes down to the dealer." So I don't understand the value of Jeep Cares at all. If the dealer calls the shots, and you can't push them in the right direction, or check their records when you get a complaint (or many complaints) what is the use of Jeep Cares. What does Jeep care about, if not your recent customers?
Fair point.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I was actually thinking the same thing during my ordeal. I hope things work out for you in the end. I know the wait is frustrating.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.