Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4xe, Hydro Blue Rubicon
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Living in FL, we get some pretty severe lightening storms roll through, and very quickly. It got me thinking about surge protection for my Jeep 4xe. Should I make sure it is unplugged during a storm? I have a level 2 charger that is direct connected to my outlet box. Does anybody know if the Level 2 chargers have surge protection built in?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Living in FL, we get some pretty severe lightening storms roll through, and very quickly. It got me thinking about surge protection for my Jeep 4xe. Should I make sure it is unplugged during a storm? I have a level 2 charger that is direct connected to my outlet box. Does anybody know if the Level 2 chargers have surge protection built in?
I, too, live in Florida. I had an electrician install a surge protector on my "fuse" (Circuit breaker) box. Theoretically, it protects all circuits in my house.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I live in Oklahoma and we also get a lot of storms. We recently got hit with a very bad lightning/ power surge and suffered significant damage to numerous household items. Although my 4xe was not plugged in at the time of the hit, the JuiceBox was and it looks like it was not damaged. I will always unplug my JuiceBox as well as the Jeep just to be safe. So, to answer your question I see nothing on the my level 2 charger website about protection. Please keep in mind that surge protectors for the whole house will protect the circuits as ButWhatDoIKnow mentions, there are numerous ways lightning and power surges can damage your property - including phone or internet lines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.