Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They installed a new power train module and that didn’t fix it. So I asked what next and he said words like low voltage cables and amps and volts not being read (I have a medical degree, not an engineering degree). At least they gave me a loaner - but woah. I’m driving it and the car is all over the place. Is the sway bar disconnected or something? but it doesn’t have that feature. And talk about muscle memory - my left foot kept looking for my dead pedal and when I got out of the Jeep I nearly slammed into the ground because I prepared for a greater distance between my seat and the pavement.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are you driving now? When I drive my son's Subaru I feel like I'm scraping the ground.
The loaner car is actually a Wrangler but it must be the base model. Not only are the tires small, I think the tread is minimal. I don’t want to do the penny test because I don’t want to know. At least now I have something to drive.

·
Registered
901 Posts
The loaner car is actually a Wrangler but it must be the base model. Not only are the tires small, I think the tread is minimal. I don’t want to do the penny test because I don’t want to know. At least now I have something to drive.
I found my stock Sahara 4xe looks quite a bit more substantial compared to a base model. It surprised me when I was in for service.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Same story here replaced the PIM then didn’t fix it. Then replaced the high voltage cables because tech found them melted then back to the shop for a water sloshing noise from the back of the car because the repair procedure does not state they have to flush the battery coolant 5-6x to bleed it. Nearly 2.5 months later it seems fixed. Orig the parts were due in November. These 4xe jeeps are a disaster. Great idea poor execution. The Jeep buy back dept is very busy right now I can assure you of that.

Attachments

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Same story here replaced the PIM then didn’t fix it. Then replaced the high voltage cables because tech found them melted then back to the shop for a water sloshing noise from the back of the car because the repair procedure does not state they have to flush the battery coolant 5-6x to bleed it. Nearly 2.5 months later it seems fixed. Orig the parts were due in November. These 4xe jeeps are a disaster. Great idea poor execution. The Jeep buy back dept is very busy right now I can assure you of that.
Thanks for the info. The dealer thinks mine will be ready tomorrow. I’ll ask about bleeding the battery

·
Registered
901 Posts
You probably had whatever that new recall is about.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Funny but sad at the same time. Sparks were coming out of my charging port on my 4xe. So they investigated what the problem was. They changed the port, the wires and the power distribution module. Don't know what the heck it is. Anyway, drove a Ram 1500 Laramie for a month. Didn't dislike the experience at all.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah - Got it back to just now. Feels so good to be driving it again. They replaced the power train module and when that didn’t work it turned out that some cable was disconnected so the volts weren’t getting sent from the new power module to the rest of the vehicle - or at least that was the gist I was getting. They did the recall and any software updates. Back up lines still there. 2 weeks in the shop but a week of that was waiting on parts and they didn’t even look at it for the first four days because of staffing.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yeah - Got it back to just now. Feels so good to be driving it again. They replaced the power train module and when that didn’t work it turned out that some cable was disconnected so the volts weren’t getting sent from the new power module to the rest of the vehicle - or at least that was the gist I was getting. They did the recall and any software updates. Back up lines still there. 2 weeks in the shop but a week of that was waiting on parts and they didn’t even look at it for the first four days because of staffing.
Glad it's back. I hope all your troubles are behind you.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Got my car back too and 1 week later (today). Stalled out on me while driving and would not restart. Called roadside and 150-180 min wait. Finally after sitting on the side of the road and pushing the start button 50 times it started. Limped it to the local dealer and they pulled out 27 codes. Oh and no loaners or rentals. Was another great day w my 4xe after it just got out of the shop 58 days out of service. Keep in mind the PIM and power cables were just replaced.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.