Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sahara 4xe
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am new to this forum, bought my Jeep Sahara about a month ago, almost 3000 miles. Stock everything and I love it. I tried using a chargepoint station AND a clippercreek station and they both gave me an error on my jeep the- service electrical system- error. I also had a blue light at the plug. Has anyone experienced this? I usually charge it using a level 2 charger at home and never received any errors.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I think public charging stations in general are less reliable. The Ford Mach e has the same type of complaints and this video even shows the problem when they did a compare vs Tesla. This is one of Tesla's main advantages, owning the charging network. Kind of like Apple owning the entire ecosystem gives them an edge of Android.

·
Registered
2021 Sahara 4xe
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its kind of a bummer, spent a few hours walking around thinking I was getting a free charge and a nice parking spot. They were the correct adapters and everything.....plugged right in.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
42 Posts
I have ChargePoint at work and EVgo at Whole Foods locations - no issues for both. I think the main problem, at least in the Bay Area, is most locations have no or very few L2 spots, majority is superchargers nowadays.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hello,
I am new to this forum, bought my Jeep Sahara about a month ago, almost 3000 miles. Stock everything and I love it. I tried using a chargepoint station AND a clippercreek station and they both gave me an error on my jeep the- service electrical system- error. I also had a blue light at the plug. Has anyone experienced this? I usually charge it using a level 2 charger at home and never received any errors.
This sounds frustrating, sparkytronic. Our team here would be happy to provide an additional layer of assistance for you if you decide to visit a dealer for this concern. Send us a private message to get started.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is there an advantage to buying an adaptor for the many Tesla charging stations? We are going on vacation next week and when searching for charging stations the ratio and proximity of Tesla stations is at least 5:1 for Evgo and others...if anyone has bought and used an adaptor please chime in!

·
Registered
2021 Sahara 4xe
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought a 'Tesla Tap' but couldn't find a charging station where the Tesla end would fit into (tesla to j1772). I would suggest looking at the charging stations before you buy. The tesla tap I bought has a hard plastic ring around the end that would go into the tesla charger and I couldn't get it to properly mate, bad design. I've also watched a youtube video about the tesla tap throwing a 'service engine' light. The only charging stations I've used are j1772 and those can be somewhat unreliable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought a 'Tesla Tap' but couldn't find a charging station where the Tesla end would fit into (tesla to j1772). I would suggest looking at the charging stations before you buy. The tesla tap I bought has a hard plastic ring around the end that would go into the tesla charger and I couldn't get it to properly mate, bad design. I've also watched a youtube video about the tesla tap throwing a 'service engine' light. The only charging stations I've used are j1772 and those can be somewhat unreliable.
Thank you. After I posted this I found another discussion regarding j1772 adaptors to Tesla charging stations. The reviews were not favorable. I am interested if anyone has had a positive/productive solution to this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts