Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the third time my Jeep has shut off while driving. it said service electronic stability control and the turtle light was on. The Jeep would not go forward. I turned it off and on a couple of times and was finally able to get it going and now the CEL is the only thing on. I absolutely loved this Jeep. I don’t want a different car but now I have no car to drive. And of course it’s Saturday night so I can’t take it in until Monday where they will tell me they are understaffed and have no loaners i’m sure. I spent $60k and have no functioning vehicle. I loved Jeep but this has been one of the most frustrating things ever.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone. I really don’t know what to do. I want a Jeep. If I try to get another new Jeep I think I’ll pay probably upwards of 8-10 grand more compared to the deal I got last April. The thought of Jeep taking more money off of me by selling me a lemon the first time around just irks me to no end.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Thanks everyone. I really don’t know what to do. I want a Jeep. If I try to get another new Jeep I think I’ll pay probably upwards of 8-10 grand more compared to the deal I got last April. The thought of Jeep taking more money off of me by selling me a lemon the first time around just irks me to no end.
Totally understand. I would seriously consider leasing. The price increases will also increase the residual value so you won't have to pay the full amount of the increases. It also allows you test the jeep to make sure you don't have similar issues. BUT, if you are looking to keep the vehicle for longer period or ultimately buy it then you will end up paying more.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Totally understand. I would seriously consider leasing. The price increases will also increase the residual value so you won't have to pay the full amount of the increases. It also allows you test the jeep to make sure you don't have similar issues. BUT, if you are looking to keep the vehicle for longer period or ultimately buy it then you will end up paying more.
That’s why I always buy. I usually keep my vehicles close to ten years.

·
Registered
901 Posts
What were your last issues? I'm wondering if it's somehow all related.

Part of my debugging process at work usually involves not assuming all problems are related. But this is crazy.

You are keeping a nice attitude but Jeep really owes you. Wouldn't blame you if you went all Karen over this.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is a different series events this time. When I go to start it, the ice engines revs to max rpm and then just shuts off. It didn’t do that last time - it just wouldn’t start The malfunction indicator light is on and I don’t think it was lit last time. I do get the turtle light and that light came on last time. So to my untrained mind this seems a little different, but I’m no doctor in mechanical engineering.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is the third time my Jeep has shut off while driving. it said service electronic stability control and the turtle light was on. The Jeep would not go forward. I turned it off and on a couple of times and was finally able to get it going and now the CEL is the only thing on. I absolutely loved this Jeep. I don’t want a different car but now I have no car to drive. And of course it’s Saturday night so I can’t take it in until Monday where they will tell me they are understaffed and have no loaners i’m sure. I spent $60k and have no functioning vehicle. I loved Jeep but this has been one of the most frustrating things ever.
I have had a similar experience. My 4xe had to be towed to the dealer on Saturday. It cut off and wouldn't accelerate for the third time since I purchased it on 9/17/21. Waiting to hear from the service technician. Hoping they don't claim it is because of a software update as they did the last two times this happened. Extremely frustrated and JeepCares has not been helpful thus far.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have had a similar experience. My 4xe had to be towed to the dealer on Saturday. It cut off and wouldn't accelerate for the third time since I purchased it on 9/17/21. Waiting to hear from the service technician. Hoping they don't claim it is because of a software update as they did the last two times this happened. Extremely frustrated and JeepCares has not been helpful thus far.
I feel you. JeepCares could not help me last time so I didn’t bother asking this time.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update: called dealer today. They don’t have a loaner for me and they don’t even have a date of when I could bring the Jeep in to be fixed (as if I could drive it). Wow. This may get ugly. I now have the most awesome looking $60k paperweight in my garage. I’d like to take this opportunity to say I am selling a set of gently used KO2 all terrain tires (4 with 3000 miles and one with no miles), a set of rock rails with no scuffs, a black 3 piece hardtop with preinstalled Sound Assassin and HotHeadHeadliners, a set of rubber mats with red Jeep logo and a TIXO dead pedal. But wait - if you act now I’ll throw in a free stubby antenna.

·
Registered
Rubicon 4xe
31 Posts
Dang Dr, I'm hating this for you. Seriously. I hope a resolution is right around the corner for you.

I imagine you've thought of these things, but just in case:
  • Take it to another dealer. This seems like the best action. Someone can chime in and correct me, but I believe you can take it elsewhere no problem.
  • See if there is legal recourse. This sounds like a lemon, I'm not sure where you live but there are attorneys for these situations at least in some places. They should pay for a Jeep rental from a local rental car place in the mean time, maybe some legal expert can advise you on how to make Jeep pay for that.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dang Dr, I'm hating this for you. Seriously. I hope a resolution is right around the corner for you.

I imagine you've thought of these things, but just in case:
  • Take it to another dealer. This seems like the best action. Someone can chime in and correct me, but I believe you can take it elsewhere no problem.
  • See if there is legal recourse. This sounds like a lemon, I'm not sure where you live but there are attorneys for these situations at least in some places. They should pay for a Jeep rental from a local rental car place in the mean time, maybe some legal expert can advise you on how to make Jeep pay for that.
THanks. I really don’t want to have to get a lawyer but that is on my mind. Last time this happened I asked for reimbursement for a rental that I found and the sales manager would not call all me back. Apparently this same sales manager is going to call me tomorrow because today he left early because it is his birthday. I mean seriously I’m not making this stuff up.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.