Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased a 2021 bright white 4Xe Rubicon. I purchased it in April and in July one Saturday morning I got in it to go eat breakfast with my husband and the message my jeep was giving was electric mode was unavailable. One of the electric modules quit working. My jeep was taken to the service department and was kept for 6 1/2 weeks. After driving it for one day the batteries are now bubbling while charging. I am too afraid to even charge my jeep because I don't want it to burn my house down when the battery explodes. Don't buy the 4Xe! They are lemons!

@jeep cares

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
So is it in for service again? Or are you just thinking the battery will explode and burn your house down? What’s the bubbling??

·
Registered
74 Posts
That sucks. Sorry to hear your having multiple problems with your Jeep. I wonder if the battery cooling system runs during charging and possibly has some air in the coolant causing your bubbling noise. Anyone know if cooling system turns on during charging. Regardless as frustrating as it may be I would take it in to the dealer right away.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I purchased a 2021 bright white 4Xe Rubicon. I purchased it in April and in July one Saturday morning I got in it to go eat breakfast with my husband and the message my jeep was giving was electric mode was unavailable. One of the electric modules quit working. My jeep was taken to the service department and was kept for 6 1/2 weeks. After driving it for one day the batteries are now bubbling while charging. I am too afraid to even charge my jeep because I don't want it to burn my house down when the battery explodes. Don't buy the 4Xe! They are lemons!

@jeep cares
Why would you post that the batteries are "bubbling"? Which battery are you referring to? The hybrid batteries are sealed, not sure how you could see bubbling? And because you had an issue, all of them are lemons now? Are you sure you don't work for Ford?🤨

·
Registered
480 Posts
I am too afraid to even charge my jeep because I don't want it to burn my house down when the battery explodes.
Sorry you had an issue but I have not heard of a single instance of this vehicle starting on fire and burning somebody’s house down. What you are describing sounds a lot like the vehicles cooling system operating as designed but if you are that concerned about it why not bring it back to the dealer for them to look at?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Posts with this little information and broad generalizations are not helpful and usually written by trolls. If you truly are having problems, we can all sympathize with you, but you have given too little information in the post for anyone here to try and help give suggestions. And then you make a clearly false statement (as the majority of people on here are having no issues with their 4xe and are loving them). That is where the troll assumption comes in (or that you work for Ford joke. :). ).

If you truly are having problems, I would rewrite your post with much clearer information and more importantly work with the dealer or Jeep directly.

·
Registered
201 Posts

@jeep cares
Hi, VonVon. Have you returned to the dealer to have your most recent concern addressed? Please feel free to follow up with us in private message to discuss further if needed.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
21 Posts
There's absolutely some issues with these vehicles, due in part to the complexity of the hybrid systems and the quality control issues that seem to plague every automaker on the planet. There's bugs to work out, and the local techs need to gain the experience of working on them. This being the first year, there was bound to be growing pains. Having said that , mine can't get here soon enough.:rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts