Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has to be a nightmare to go off road and the 4xe breaks down,
i hope this doesnt happen to anyone on here @ the 10:47 mark

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
Worst video ever!!
would suck to break down up there. They should have strapped the rear of the 4xe to the FJ so they would have used less e-brake and had a safety net if brakes failed altogether.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Worst video ever!!
would suck to break down up there. They should have strapped the rear of the 4xe to the FJ so they would have used less e-brake and had a safety net if brakes failed altogether.
yeah looks like they burned up those brakes!

·
Registered
381 Posts
just a guess : maybe one nut of the high current fuses is loose (bad connection) blown . n5 is for the radiator fan. or one of the relays stock, i jammed relays before on the floor to get'm working again if i had some mailfunctions.
just don't work not your self on it if you don't how to do it or you can get more things damaged.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here’s a good explanation of how to force neutral.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Update... has been at the dealer for 2 weeks and they can't figure out what's wrong. Said they need to reach out to the engineers.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ouch! Definetly interested in your updates. Really sorry to see a great off roading trip ruined by a product not ready for the real world yet. So many similar stories.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I didn't take the video but I'm the one that broke down in the 4xe!
I didn't ask for a loaner at first but after over a week I asked for one and they set me up with a rental on Chrysler.
Checked the voltage of the 12v battery at the top when it wouldn't start and read 12.7 volts. Battery seemed to be draining as we went down the mountain until nothing electrical worked.

See my original post on this forum "Another One Bites the Dust"

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon
3 Posts
I didn't take the video but I'm the one that broke down in the 4xe!
I didn't ask for a loaner at first but after over a week I asked for one and they set me up with a rental on Chrysler.
Checked the voltage of the 12v battery at the top when it wouldn't start and read 12.7 volts. Battery seemed to be draining as we went down the mountain until nothing electrical worked.

See my original post on this forum "Another One Bites the Dust"
This video give me a lot of pause as I was planning a trip out to Rausch Creek, PA. I'll wait for your verdict before hitting the trails with my 4xe. :oops:

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
🤣 I’m willing to bet a thousand Jeeps break down on trails every-week??-Month?? Anyways, this wasn’t the first and it won’t be the last…

1 - 15 of 15 Posts