Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone throw together a quick video on how to reset the fuses/relays. Thanks ☺

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
74 Posts
Reading the forums here on 4xe, I see there are a lot of issues with the fuses and relays not being properly seated. Even in my 4xe, which I haven’t had any issues with over the last couple of months, had a lot of fuses and relays that just needed to be pressed into place.

It seems like the robots just dropped the fuses/relays into their places, and didn’t do much else to push them in all the way, or they are creeping themselves out. I am not sure what it is, but I am assuming the jig or program for installing these fuses was redesigned, or change slightly to accommodate the additional electrical requirements on the 4xe, and the jig or programming is off.

If they relays and fuses are creeping themselves out, that will be discovered over time, and this might become a regular routine for us.

Open up your hood up, and between the Jeeps firewall/dash, and the battery, is a rectangular black box, with two tabs on either side of it, squeeze the tabs together and lift the cover off the fuse box. Inside you will see fuses and relays, press on each of them to make sure they are all in tight or you hear a click. That is basically the re-seating fix, I recommend doing this to all 4xe’s please, as the problems you can encounter if these relays or fuses become loose, can strand one of your less technical loved ones, who won’t be able to fix this and who may be driving the 4xe.

Here I am pointing to the fuse box

Here is the fuse box with the cover off

All those black and gray relays, and colorful fuses need to be pressed in. You may notice some are really loose. Press in all of them please.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have found it helpful to reset things by a complete draw down. You need to disconnect the battery and pull the purple 5V on the drivers side front of the fuse panel,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts