Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
[/URL]

These are some of the first resale numbers I have seen. It seems this is going to hold its value quite well especially if you bank the $9000 in tax credits.
[/

These are some of the first resale numbers I have seen. It seems this is going to hold its value quite well especially if you bank the $9000 in tax credits.
i sold my 2012 JK sport to Carvana and it definitely kept its value - I got $7000 or so less than what I bought it at, lol

·
Registered
166 Posts
That’s just the market in general right now. I just sold my 2014 JK for $2,000 less than I bought it for 6 years / 60,000 miles ago.

With that said, I do hope the 4XE retains or exceeds Jeep’s traditionally stellar resale. The common wisdom is that PHEV’s fall in value like a rock, but that’s generally because they are commuter appliances that get replaced by slightly better commuter appliances. The 4XE is still a Jeep. Doors still come off, top still comes down, can still flex on the trail. Only now it’ll also get you to work on 0 gas and that’s only going to get more attractive with time, not to mention the improved torque and power.

·
Registered
185 Posts

Do you find it a little concerning that 12 of them are already available for resale…one one site alone? Makes me wonder if people had troubles with them and decide it was easier to sell than to wait for a fix.
Either that, or people wanted to bank the $8000ish in tax credits and sell the vehicle for a nice profit.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Do you find it a little concerning that 12 of them are already available for resale…one one site alone? Makes me wonder if people had troubles with them and decide it was easier to sell than to wait for a fix.
Either that, or people wanted to bank the $8000ish in tax credits and sell the vehicle for a nice profit.
It’s 100% the latter.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Not unusual, you would be surprised by how many people flip their cars in the first few mos. My company develops auto servicing software and the churn is much higher than you would think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.