Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh crap!! I brought my new Jeep home and whats the first thing I do??? I setup the app and what's this "horn and lights" button. Let's hit it. Dammit. The horn would not stop honking for 5 minutes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Neighbors pissed. LOL

Anybody else run into this? I could not turn it off with the remote. I tried to start the car but it just keeps HONKING. So you have been warned.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe (on order)
90 Posts
Thank you for the heads up. On the other hand, LOL. Someday you too will reflect back with humor.

Funny as heck (not funny at the time) to wake up to a blaring (constant) horn wailing from the 1977 Cadillac Deville. Temps were below zero and that model had a contact switch on the entire inner circumfrance of the steering wheel, well in the cold something contracted and made the contact. Only way to stop was to disconnect the battery terminal during subzero temps in the middle of the night.

·
Registered
| 2012 JKU Sahara | 2021 4xe Sahara |
159 Posts
When the horn and lights were set off by the app, I assume it’s to help owners locate their vehicle in a sea of cars at a parking lot, I believe it was the red/orange panic button on the key fob that worked to turn it off. Nearly every button was pressed but I’m almost sure it was the panic button that’s the off switch. It wasn’t so bad when it happened outdoors at a parking lot in the middle of the day. Lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
LMAO okay now I feel SO much better. Picked up my 4XE a few days ago (Friday) and did the same thing at 9pm in my noisy garage. Like noted above, the red PANIC button on the key fob -WILL- disable/turn off the noise. But getting in the car, starting the car, unlocking/locking the car— did NOT help. It was the red PANIC button on key fob that finally helped STOP the noise; for others who read this, take note.

And…. @Huntid …. Thank you for the chuckle this morning, and making me realize I am not alone in my crazy. LOL

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LMAO okay now I feel SO much better. Picked up my 4XE a few days ago (Friday) and did the same thing at 9pm in my noisy garage. Like noted above, the red PANIC button on the key fob -WILL- disable/turn off the noise. But getting in the car, starting the car, unlocking/locking the car— did NOT help. It was the red PANIC button on key fob that finally helped STOP the noise; for others who read this, take note.

And…. @Huntid …. Thank you for the chuckle this morning, and making me realize I am not alone in my crazy. LOL
HAHA. Thank you I did not know the panic button would turn it off. Jeep should really warn you on the app that this will cause honking for 5 minutes straight and how to actually turn it off. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.